Hacking Full System Nand Backup Restore from Previous OFW?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never Registered or paid to play On Line with my Switch. I just been using it for CFW...

I know I have a clean Back Up from OFW v.5.1, I just don't know if is going to work with OFW v.6.0 when I go to use Hekate, and BOOT0/1...
I'm asking if you want to start using it for online play. If so, you should restore the clean backup and update the sysMMC to 10.2.0 using the system settings. You can install AutoRCM beforehand if you don't want to burn fuses. If not, then there's no reason to be using the emuMMC at all.

SoCALCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking if you want to start using it for online play. If so, you should restore the clean backup and update the sysMMC to 10.2.0 using the system settings. You can install AutoRCM beforehand if you don't want to burn fuses. If not, then there's no reason to be using the emuMMC at all.
I don't want to play On Line as of yet. But I'm really considering it, because of some of the game titles that I own, and would like to play On Line...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to play On Line as of yet. But I'm really considering it, because of some of the game titles that I own, and would like to play On Line...
If you think you will use online play in the future, keep your emuMMC. The emuMMC should be updated to 10.2.0 using Daybreak (or ChoiDujourNX, although it's not recommended) if you haven't already done so.

When you are ready to use online play, restore the 5.1.0 eMMC backup and the BOOT0/1 backups to your sysMMC. Then, boot the clean sysMMC using Hekate and update to 10.2.0 using the system settings. Install AutoRCM beforehand (if you haven't already done so) if you want to preserve your fuses. If you want to use AutoRCM, you should boot your clean sysMMC into Atmosphere each time you want to update in the system settings, or else AutoRCM will be removed when you update your sysMMC.

If the 6.0.0 sysMMC is clean, then you don't need to restore the clean sysMMC backup.

Last edited by Lacius,

SoCALCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think you will use online play in the future, keep your emuMMC. The emuMMC should be updated to 10.2.0 using Daybreak (or ChoiDujourNX, although it's not recommended) if you haven't already done so.

When you are ready to use online play, restore the 5.1.0 eMMC backup and the BOOT0/1 backups to your sysMMC. Then, boot the clean sysMMC using Hekate and update to 10.2.0 using the system settings. Install AutoRCM beforehand (if you haven't already done so) if you want to preserve your fuses.

If the 6.0.0 sysMMC is clean, then you don't need to restore the clean sysMMC backup.
Roger that "Lacius"! I'll make sure to keep this info in mind. I really appreciate all of your input bro. :)

SoCALCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way! Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to use "Daybreak" to update the Firmware, because I'm using SXOS on my console.

So I have no choice but to use "ChoiDujourNX" for any Firmware updates that will be released in the near future...

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
By the way! Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to use "Daybreak" to update the Firmware, because I'm using SXOS on my console.

So I have no choice but to use "ChoiDujourNX" for any Firmware updates that will be released in the near future...

you can always install Atmosphere on the same sd card and use Daybreak nothing stops you from doing that

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can switch between Atmosphere and SX OS if you want to use Daybreak (and you should, because Daybreak is safer), but it might not be worth the trouble.

Considering the state of TX right now, you might have to make the switch to Atmosphere sooner than you think.

SoCALCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can always install Atmosphere on the same sd card and use Daybreak nothing stops you from doing that
I was thinking about doing that, but I rather stick with one CFW because I prefer not to mix the SDCard with other CFW.

Depending on what happens to SXOS in the coming weeks, or months, I might consider installing Atmosphere...

SoCALCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can switch between Atmosphere and SX OS if you want to use Daybreak (and you should, because Daybreak is safer), but it might not be worth the trouble.

Considering the state of TX right now, you might have to make the switch to Atmosphere sooner than you think.
I read a lot of good things about "Daybreak" not bricking the console and how reliable it is compared to "ChoiDujourNX". But I really don't like mixing multiple CFW within the same SD Card...

If I see that SXOS is no longer going to be supported in the coming Weeks, or Months, then I will consider switching over to "Atmosphere"...

Actually! What if I use multiple SD Cards on my Switch? One SD Card for "Atmosphere", to play Switch Games only. (This way I could use "Daybreak" to update the FW when needed).
And the Second SD Card for SXOS to run Emulators, and Homebrew. Does this sound like a better idea, instead of installing multiple CFW in a single SD Card?

Last edited by SoCALCat,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a lot of good things about "Daybreak" not bricking the console and how reliable it is compared to "ChoiDujourNX". But I really don't like mixing multiple CFW within the same SD Card...

If I see that SXOS is no longer going to be supported in the coming Weeks, or Months, then I will consider switching over to "Atmosphere"...

Actually! What if I use multiple SD Cards on my Switch? One SD Card for "Atmosphere", to play Switch Games only. (This way I could use "Daybreak" to update the FW when needed).
And the Second SD Card for SXOS to run Emulators, and Homebrew. Does this sound like a better idea, instead of installing multiple CFW in a single SD Card?
Either method works. However, if you're not using XCI files with SX OS, I don't know why you bother using SX OS at all.

SoCALCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either method works. However, if you're not using XCI files with SX OS, I don't know why you bother using SX OS at all.
The reason why I use SXOS, is because it's simplicity on using it, and I've become very familiar with it.

I do use XCI. Files, when I play the games from a Hard Drive instead of an SD Card...

I'm more than likely going to use 2 separate SD Cards for each CFW. Only because I really like the fact that I could play XCI. Games from a Hard Drive. I will use "Atmosphere" for the newer NSP. Games, and "SXOS" for Emulation, and Homebrew, along with the older XCI. Games that are in my Hard Drive...

Last edited by SoCALCat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol