Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
fule_is_big_jd-copy.jpg

"Codemasters' Fuel is big, and while some may argue that size doesn't matter, they're probably just jealous of the open-world racer's immense girth. In fact, the upcoming off-road racing game was recently crowned by Guinness World Records for having the largest playable environment in a console game ever with 5,560 square miles of accessible in-game terrain.

To help us wrap our heads around how big that is, the Codies say that's larger than Hong Kong, Singapore, St Lucia and the Isle of Man put together. Let's just hope developer Asobo (pictured) remembers to fill all that space with enough to do, else it's going to be a very long and boring ride. Are we there yet? "

Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ignoring space sims and MMORPGS what about the likes of the delta force series (procedural generation).

On the other hand go people, I long for the day I can no longer remember an entire map (again).

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To fully appreciate this I'd need to know the gameplay area of other large games as a point of reference. Does anybody know of a list?

EDIT: Just read that Just Cause (probably the largest game I've played) is a mere 391 sq miles in comparison.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Depravo said:
To fully appreciate this I'd need to know the gameplay area of other large games as a point of reference. Does anybody know of a list?

EDIT: Just read that Just Cause (probably the largest game I've played) is a mere 391 sq miles in comparison.

WTF, thanks for mentioning that.
I thought Just Cause was big, but this is just amazing! I wonder what the loading times are going to be.
And there's no way the game isn't going to be boring then.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
qlum said:
Daggerfall has 62,394 square miles
and Morrowind is 15.4 square miles
even Oblivion is 7,4 square miles
all more more than fuel
As mentioned earlier - The record is for biggest CONSOLE game. Daggerfall was never released on a console.

Also, I think you are confusing the digit group separator (comma) with the decimal separator (period). Just to clarify -

Morrowind - fifteen point four square miles
Oblivion - seven point four square miles
Fuel - five thousand, five hundred and sixty square miles

EDIT: How pedantic am I?
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated