www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Dark_linis said:
mcp2 said:
I think what you're looking for is Opera
biggrin.gif
I agree
After going through IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera, Opera is by far the best. It does have compatability issues from here to there but its fetures more than make up for it.
Same here. Been through
IE6/7 (not tried 8 but can't be bothered really)
Firefox 2.0 Beta to 3 (latest) :Had same problem as others with latest versions (slow startup/crashes/ locksup etc - even in 'safe mode')
Chrome: Found very limited in 'customising' but not bad for a 'newbie'
Safari: Not actually tried that one, might try it one day. But it's done by Apple & I didn't like how Apple use to insist that you install iTunes when installing Quicktime (Do they still do that now ??) - so usually avoid anything done by Apple
Opera 9 (full and portable) & 10 Beta: So far stuck with this (9 on home PC, 10Beta on USB).

Found to be quick to start, stable, Secure (due to lack of activeX probably), fairly well compatible with most sites (some site have weird graphical glitches - but guess that's due to website insisting on IE/Firefox browsers).

Only a few problems with stuff like missing 'addons' like 'WOT' & 'IETab' - but have found 'workarounds' for these.
Also it is a 'bit slow' @ work running from the USB drive. Mind you the PC's @ work are about 5 years old, only have 256Mb of memory (I think there's 1 or 2 with 512Mb) & running XP Pro, so a LOT of Virtual memory is used (Guess the IT department cut corners somewhere
unsure.gif
)

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*Gasp* Firefox user

Its a pretty decent browser, but then I again I use a combination of Internet Explore and Firefox when one is running into trouble. I don't like the other type of browsers.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
While we're talking about browsers, lets talk about this: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-...comparison.aspx
=D

Notice they don't include Safari

Im still wondering why you should post a link to a website with regards to microsoft browser usage. I mean how many times have you heard MS say we suck our programs suck go buy somethingelse?

MS have proven themselfs not to be trustworthy, their backdoors and boldface lies about Internet Exploder is reason enough never to trust them on this matter . Yes im talking about how IE supposedly couldnt be removed due to it being part of the kernel, IE is the only browser that you can rely on being targeted by whatever hacker to get in your network updates or not (like you could format someone's drive through IE and other "handy" MS programs).

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use firefox 3.5 beta 4 and have no problem except that a few addons don't work lukely my essentials still work: flashgot, addblock plus, DownThemAll and my Dutch and English dictionary

I used chrome ones but deleted it when i tried Ctrl+Shift+Enter and it didn't work for .org

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qlum said:
I use firefox 3.5 beta 4 and have no problem except that a few addons don't work lukely my essentials still work: flashgot, addblock plus, DownThemAll and my Dutch and English dictionary

I used chrome ones but deleted it when i tried Ctrl+Shift+Enter and it didn't work for .org
You do know that the latest beta is Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate 2, right?

pEpz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TheLifeRuiner said:
Before running the individual browsers, I ran ccleaner.
My computer is running on:
AMD Turion 64 1.6GHz processor
446MB of usable RAM
I am running it at "best performance"
I ran TuneUp Utilities beforehand
frown.gif

My laptop is slow, relatively speaking, but then it's about 2 years old. I'm buying some memory to increase performance, eventually.

More like 4
I use chrome(beta one) cuz it's so damn fast when you do 10 things at the same time and when I get errors(more and more rare) i switch to ie8
I love it to press the button and the page open like an instant cast of over 9000!

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qlum said:

Theres a tweak that I use for my Firefox 3.6a1pre that lets me use addons regardless of if its suppose to be compatable or not:

extensions.checkcompatibility or something to false in your about:Config page.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
While we're talking about browsers, lets talk about this: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-...comparison.aspx
=D

Notice they don't include Safari

LOL, look at the webstandards section, they say IE is so standards compliant...
ACID3 results:
Firefox 3.0.11 - 72/100
Chrome 2.0.172.31 - 100/100, linktest failed
Safari 4 - 100/100, perfect
IE8 - drumroll please... 20/100

So they finally pass ACID2 in 2009, then claim their browser is so standards-compliant. That page is full of bullshit.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
qlum said:

Theres a tweak that I use for my Firefox 3.6a1pre that lets me use addons regardless of if its suppose to be compatable or not:

I use Nightly and Beta and there's a extension called Nightly Tester Tools which does this (without Firefox bugging you to put it back on).

EDIT: About Internet Explorer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid3#Desktop_browsers
Look at IE8 get an astonishing 20/100 on the Acid3! It scored 6 better than IE7!
The only other browsers that scored that horribly low (that they show on there) is a early version of Safari and some mobile browsers!

Firefox Beta gets 94/100 and Opera Beta gets 100/100.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If we commenting about web browser comparrisions - you cant really just have 1 test (i.e. acid 3) you really need a group test
Quick search came up with this

Notice on the last paragraph
QUOTE said:
Internet Explorer 7 was last in all three tests
& the ones classed as 'best':- Chrome & Opera [10]

Guess what I'm sticking with
tongue.gif

Oh - on a side note - here's a comparison of web browsers

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Diablo1123 said:
qlum said:

the addon I can't use anymore are not worth the trouble

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
If we commenting about web browser comparrisions - you cant really just have 1 test (i.e. acid 3) you really need a group test
Quick search came up with this

Notice on the last paragraph
QUOTE said:
Internet Explorer 7 was last in all three tests
& the ones classed as 'best':- Chrome & Opera [10]

Guess what I'm sticking with
tongue.gif

Oh - on a side note - here's a comparison of web browsers
I'll switch to Chromium/Chrome whenever it reaches stable for Linux. (Chrome is based off Chromium, Chrome's logo is just a different colored Chromium logo)

fridgos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did use Firefox 3.0.11. And then I saw 3.5 so I downloaded that and it was shit.
Then I uninstalled it and tried Opera. That was shit as well, because I had to reload the page everytime I loaded it from a link. D: So I was stuck with IE and I downloaded Chrome. I use Chrome all the time now!

IE = As shit as you can get.
Firefox = Stay with 3.0.(x) and you're fine.
Opera = No. But the Pop-up blocker is good.
Safari = I never downloaded.
Chrome = The best. EVER.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn