Gaming Fuck firefox!

ThatShane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
but chrome sucks at downloading stuff(did anyone noticed how shitty your speed becomes?) , and ya, i also noticed lagginess when using firefox.

I find it the opposite, I get better d/l speed off chrome, but that's probably just me, and I prefer both over IE. Havent used FF 3.5 yet to can't comment there, if chrome gets FF style add ons I think it will become the top browser.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I stopped using firefox about 2 weeks ago due to all of the crash issues that I was having with their browser. ever since release 3.0, the performance has gone downhill, and subsequent releases just seem to be worse in terms of page compatability and memory usage.

like a few others, I've actually gone back to using IE 8.0 [shutter at the thought], and while I don't like a few things in it, it works. IE 8.0 is stable, uses less memory and doesn't die on a daily basis for me like firefox did.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've stopped using Firefox since I found Mozilla Minefield.

Its actually the nightly builds of Firefox, but it is so awesome. Daily updates, and a tweak allows plugins to work.

Or you can call it Firefox 3.6a1pre?

It used to crash alot about 3 months back, but the save tabs at crashed didn't really bother me, but now its pretty stable and works awesome, get all the new features first.
smile.gif

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried all the big browsers, and they all had issues that were irritating to me

Safari 4 - lagged a lot when switching between tabs, or in general; loaded pages quickly when it worked

Chrome - met a lot of "this webpage could not be displayed" errors and such; continuous loading on meebo.com; also loaded pages pretty quickly when it worked

Opera 10 - is a beta, but so far the only real thing that annoyed me was that it didn't work in facebook

Opera 9.64 - works about the same as FF for me, without the extensions

Firefox - runs fine, with occasional lag; disabled a lot of add-ons that were unused/unecessary and it ran much better.

IE 8 - it's IE, what can I say. like people have said, it runs fine. probably the only real alternative to FF for now if FF is crapping out on you for whatever reason.

Before running the individual browsers, I ran ccleaner.
My computer is running on:
AMD Turion 64 1.6GHz processor
446MB of usable RAM
I am running it at "best performance"
I ran TuneUp Utilities beforehand
frown.gif

My laptop is slow, relatively speaking, but then it's about 2 years old. I'm buying some memory to increase performance, eventually.

I figure that I would have no issues with Safari 4 if I had more memory, but then the same thing is probably true for
I actually like Google Chrome simply because of the the UI.
Opera 10 would be amazing if it worked for facebook, lol, since it's one of my more traveled to sites.
I still don't like IE.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use firefox on ubuntu and I use opera on my small windows partition because its so fast. I hate IE its always been slow for me and keeps opening new windows instead of tabs

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just use IE tab addon and bothersome stuff can be opened in IE within Firefox
smile.gif

Youtube videos etc its to do with Flash afaik?! Adobe still need to fix something with it !? .... Sometimes Flash can cause issues there is an ADDON for firefox called FLASH SWITCHER install it and swap between Flash versions and use whatever works best for you
smile.gif

I switched Flash versions around and then updated again to Flash 10 and the videos work a lot better now
smile.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Win7 RC1, I have to say I still use Firefox more than any other browser. Ironically, IE8 just fucks up, and is slow, Chrome has trouble with a few .NET and AJAX scripts, and though Firefox still glitches on downloads sometimes if I don't redirect with FlashGot, it still works better overall.

MrDillDough

Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer Firefox; the older versions. At the moment, I'm running on version 2.0.0.20 and its working great; except from the fact that I think my computer has a virus.

And for me, Internet Explorer is just screwed up. It sometimes closes randomly and it pisses me off. >.>

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
I stick to Firefox for one reason - NoScript. It's a godsend, really.

It's nice to see that someone looks at the the good point, and technical part of things. Good on You
yay.gif

I'm currently running on the 3.5 Preview, everything is fine, have a realized an increase in speed? Errmmmm NO. Not at all, exactly the same, but it seems to be very stable.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Never liked IE or FF simply because they were memory hogs. I just want something simple that'll load before my mouse releases and can get me in to my different websites quick. Something simple that didn't bloat outwards to allow room for addons (FF), or bloat outwards for no apparent reason (IE) and that was built from the ground up instead of being based on old versions - bloating it more.

That's why I've gone to Chrome - it's new, its fresh and it's fast. I've used a few scripts to track pageloading times on some of my common websites and averaging it over 10-20 times each on each browser - Opera and Chrome were always at the top. Surprisingly Safari lost to IE and Firefox wasn't far behind. I'm on 10k dsl so no issue there, but Chrome just beat the others by a large enough margin.

All that aside - Chrome is sexy and Google knows how to get things done! Hell.. there getting sued for it
tongue.gif

EDIT: Forgot to mention (in the interests of being fair) that yes, Chrome's download manager sucks eggs. But I use premium IDM to download everything and it links in with Chrome fine so I couldn't give a rats ass about that.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcp2 said:
I think what you're looking for is Opera
biggrin.gif
I agree

After going through IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera, Opera is by far the best. It does have compatability issues from here to there but its fetures more than make up for it.

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Whilst firefox does have it's problems (memory consumption is a bit of a joke for a start) IE doesn't even come close, nor chrome (which is so bad it's laughable).

Opera is nice, but lack of add-ons makes it a little useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...