Hacking FSToolbox equivalent

mindscarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. I was wondering if there is an equivalent of the FS Toolbox homebrew (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/FSToolbox) but with fixed file attributes writing. According to the wiki, it is dangerous to use FS Toolbox to write files to the nand since “it does not set the file attributes correctly”.

For your information I use FS Toolbox to inject overprotected save files like the ones for Monster Hunter Tri (I don't know any other way to do so).
Thanks in advance for any help.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Most of the warnings at the wii*censored*brew wiki are bullshit. Dunno about this file attribute thing though. Never had any problems with FStoolbox.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can use something like Savegame Manager GX to write copy protected saves to the Wii if you don't want to use FSToolbox. Or patch the System Menu with something like StartPatch, or if you only want it temporarily, Banana Hacks or Gecko OS.

Also, I believe that by changing a particular byte in the save file when you're modifying it, you can make it possible to copy back to the Wii through the normal means without any patches or anything. Although it can cause some games to see the save as corrupt, but the only game I've heard of that happening in is CoD:Reflex Edition. Not sure exactly what it is you need to change though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf