OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'll explain the story. I was trying to get the AIO to work for the Splatoon modding l. I did everything like it asked and went to loadiine.ovh and click on TCPGecko + Kernel and such. At first I got an error that said could not load video with the error code 112-2006. After trying for a bit I Gabe up and turned off the wii u. Then the fs error came up during normal boot up. Now I don't get that video loading error and instead get this one, any ideas what it could be? This Wii U is not hacked and there are no homebrew files on the sd. It was solely for modding Splatoon and that's it. Thank you.

D

Deleted User

"FSGetMountSource failed" is the error you get when the console could not find the inserted SD card. I usually fix this by ejecting my SD card and blowing in the port, but it could also be a filesystem issue. I would also run a check on your SD card just to be sure (look it up using Google if you aren't sure how to do this)

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could see it being a file system issue. Because I've done these exact same steps on another wii u console with no sd card and it worked without error. If it is a file system issue, how would I resolve it?

Last edited by jmanup85,
D

Deleted User

I could see it being a file system issue. Because I've done these exact same steps on another wii u console with no sd card and it worked without error. If it is a file system issue, how would I resolve it?
Windows has built in tools that allow you to check the filesystem for errors. If you go to "Computer" and then right click on your SD Card and click "Properties," in one of the tabs there will be an option to check the disk for errors. Click that.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Don't bump a post that soon after the last message. And based on that automerge it seems you may have bumped twice in a row.
You've already been given everything to look at, so go do that. There isn't much else that can really solve the problem other than maybe formatting the SD card and setting everything up again. That error means it couldn't find the SD for one reason or another.

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, there were 4 hours in between those posts so that's a fantastic assumption on your part. The ony reason it did that was because it double posted an edited version for that word bump. I have no idea why that even happened as I quickly posted bump on mobile. Secondly, it doesn't make sense for me to get that error with an sd card. Another Wii U I tested with has no sd card at all and this worked.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, there were 4 hours in between those posts so that's a fantastic assumption on your part. The ony reason it did that was because it double posted an edited version for that word bump. I have no idea why that even happened as I quickly posted bump on mobile. Secondly, it doesn't make sense for me to get that error with an sd card. Another Wii U I tested with has no sd card at all and this worked.
Firstly, quoting from the forum rules:
"Avoid bumping (reviving) old or new topics; they'll be replied to when they're replied to." Plus I was easily able to see it was four hours because posts are time-stamped. However 4 hours is not enough time to be bumping a thread.
And secondly, that error is in fact meaning it couldn't access one of the mount sources for one reason or another. And because the SD is usually the only removable mount source (excluding USB which isn't as common) that's almost for certain what that error means. I'm very doubtful it is having problems accessing any internal storage, unless your console is just suddenly failing coincidentally the same time you tried to use. But afaik that error is specifically only for homebrew, and basically only for the SD card. Unless you managed to install haxchi and coldboothax without realizing it somehow, but based on what you've stated that's not likely. But just for fun do you have an SD card in the system with HBL placed in the correct spot on it?

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why I am helping you as you are coming across as an entitled idiot, but that error would not show up unless you are still running, or attempting to run the exploit.

Have you actually turned the wii u off completely? i.e unplugged the power cable?

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The console has been unplugged and plugged back in when it first started having this issue as a test. It also has not had an sd card in the slot this entire time since I don't have one. But no hacks have been installed in this console so I'm not really sure how this error came up.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The console has been unplugged and plugged back in when it first started having this issue as a test. It also has not had an sd card in the slot this entire time since I don't have one. But no hacks have been installed in this console so I'm not really sure how this error came up.
But just for fun do you have an SD card in the system with HBL placed in the correct spot on it?
Have you even bothered trying anything I've recommended yet?
At this point you aren't even acknowledging anything I say. I know for a fact that error is almost exclusively used by homebrew, and in particular the HBL. Seemshow not many other people are even giving you a reply maybe you can try not ignoring me.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you even bothered trying anything I've recommended yet?
At this point you aren't even acknowledging anything I say. I know for a fact that error is almost exclusively used by homebrew, and in particular the HBL. Seemshow not many other people are even giving you a reply maybe you can try not ignoring me.

I understand what you've said and you've acknowledged that I most likely don't have homebrew on this Wii U. Literally all I wanted to do was simply use the AIO for Splatoon to get gear, that is it. There isn't any homebrew and unfortunately there is no SD card I can use here.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you've said and you've acknowledged that I most likely don't have homebrew on this Wii U. Literally all I wanted to do was simply use the AIO for Splatoon to get gear, that is it. There isn't any homebrew and unfortunately there is no SD card I can use here.
But you need to have an SD with TCPGecko on it to do that.... From what I know it doesn't just boot from nothing. Anything loaded from loadiine.ovh (meaning it's homebrew) has to have files on the SD. Except maybe the really primitive and unstable stuff. Just for reference could you link to the guide you are following to get this set up. Because what I know about TCPGecko (could be wrong) is it has to load from SD first, then you load your game and finally use your PC programs to modify games.

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But you need to have an SD with TCPGecko on it to do that.... From what I know it doesn't just boot from nothing. Anything loaded from loadiine.ovh (meaning it's homebrew) has to have files on the SD. Except maybe the really primitive and unstable stuff. Just for reference could you link to the guide you are following to get this set up. Because what I know about TCPGecko (could be wrong) is it has to load from SD first, then you load your game and finally use your PC programs to modify games.

This is the guide I used and I've honestly used it with another WiiU and no sd installed and it worked.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/splatoon-modding-hub.425670/

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the guide I used and I've honestly used it with another WiiU and no sd installed and it worked.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/splatoon-modding-hub.425670/
Just so I can clear things up (OP phrasing was a little unclear) You are now getting that FSgetmountsource error every time you boot your Wii U? If so at what point does it give it, and if not what are you doing prior to giving that error.

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just so I can clear things up (OP phrasing was a little unclear) You are now getting that FSgetmountsource error every time you boot your Wii U? If so at what point does it give it, and if not what are you doing prior to giving that error.

Oh no, that only happened once. The only time I get that error is when I get to the step in that guide that says to choose the option for TCPGECKO + KERNEL

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
@jmanup85 I know you state that you have no SD Card but homebrew will NOT run without one. TCPGecko REQUIRES the relevant files to be on an SD Card in the WiiU. The tools are not available on the WiiU without it.

Loadiine.ovh uses an exploit in the browser which delivers a payload to your WiiU in the form of a video. this video actually contains code which is designed to force the WiiU to read files located in a specific place on the WiiU.

I find it very difficult to believe you hve successfully ran any homebrew without an SD Card in the past. Even CBHC or Haxchi requires an SDCard.

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@jmanup85 I know you state that you have no SD Card but homebrew will NOT run without one. TCPGecko REQUIRES the relevant files to be on an SD Card in the WiiU. The tools are not available on the WiiU without it.

Loadiine.ovh uses an exploit in the browser which delivers a payload to your WiiU in the form of a video. this video actually contains code which is designed to force the WiiU to read files located in a specific place on the WiiU.

I find it very difficult to believe you hve successfully ran any homebrew without an SD Card in the past. Even CBHC or Haxchi requires an SDCard.

I realize it's hard to believe man, but I can take a video of me going through the steps with no sd card in the system and having everything work just fine. I wish I were lying so it would make more sense. But it's the truth.

D

Deleted User

*sigh*
sdcard://wiiu/apps/hbl
Insert hblv1.4.elf there [Example name but it has to be HBL v1.4]
Use "Homebrew Launcher v1.3" launch option from loadiine.ovh, not "v1.4" because apparently it tries to boot .rpx one instead.

Also listen to everyone here because we know more than you...

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got this error too, strangely it turned up after I connected the official Wii LAN USB adapter to the WiiU on the internet by UTP. Changing it back to wifi made the error dissapear. Weird but true.

So by any chance you started to use wii LAN adapter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr