Hacking From sx os to atmosphere

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, should I first update my sx os version to see if im on emunand or sysnand?
If you do not see the good emunand button, like I showed in the picture a few comments back or the label that sats emunand as @josete2k showed in his picture a few comments back, you are not on emunand.

before you do anything I highly recommend backing up everything on your SDCard to your PC.

After that you can continue through the links that I and @HalfScoper provided (again, a few comments back.)

gemartic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you do not see the good emunand button, like I showed in the picture a few comments back or the label that sats emunand as @josete2k showed in his picture a few comments back, you are not on emunand.

before you do anything I highly recommend backing up everything on your SDCard to your PC.

After that you can continue through the links that I and @HalfScoper provided (again, a few comments back.)
Thanks, just wanted to be sure.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this black screen after booting to sx ox 😢
Did you upgrade your firmware past 11.0.0? SXOS won’t work with newer Firmware. This thread is about migrating to Atmosphere from SXOS. What are you looking to do?

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SylverReZ,

chronica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you upgrade your firmware past 11.0.0? SXOS won’t work with newer Firmware. This thread is about migrating to Atmosphere from SXOS. What are you looking to do?
Yes I do upgrade to 15.0.1 all my games except saves got corrupted too, and after hours of searching i finally fix it just doing redownload all my games but i cant boot it to os'es such as SX and hekate.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do upgrade to 15.0.1 all my games except saves got corrupted too, and after hours of searching i finally fix it just doing redownload all my games but i cant boot it to os'es such as SX and hekate.
If you upgraded to FW 15.0.1 then SXOS will never boot. You must be on 11.0.0 or lower to boot SXOS. I would recommend installing Atmosphere so you can boot on 15.0.1 and then use daybreak.nro that comes with Atmosphere to downgrade you FW to 11.0.0. At that point you should be abpe to boot SXOS again.

• Wow
Reactions: chronica

chronica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If i downgrade does it have a possible i cant play newer games? As i download roms in ziperto it does have a firmware requirements i wonder if i can bypass it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i downgrade does it have a possible i cant play newer games? As i download roms in ziperto it does have a firmware requirements i wonder if i can bypass it.
For some of the 12.x.x you can downgrade the game, but most of the 13.0.0+ games use features in the new firmware that are unavailable in 11.0.0 and are thus unplayable on SXOS. Upgrading to Atmosphere is the only way to run CFW on later Firmware.

Here is a guide that will get you there: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I recommend you read through all of it but specifically you need to follow this:

https://rentry.org/mys8q

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Technically you can setup 2x hidden partition emunand, 1x for SX OS, and 1x for Atmosphere, just that there is some work involve to get it to work.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, just follow Bink's recommendation and use the rentry guide. You can always ask questions if you're not sure during the process.

I started using SXOS years ago when they released the dongle and jig, for my V1 switch. After they disappeared and all support for it dried up, I finally bit the bullet, and switched to atmosphere.
It was extremely simple, less risk than trying to juggle outdated SX firmware, and the support and tools etc for it, are well established. I didn't lose any saves, game cheats work great, and the learning curve is very low, especially with all the users here and knowledge available to you.

Worst thing I had to do was redownload most games, but that was a very small price to pay for an excellent replacement to SX.

Last edited by Bonovox40,
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1