Hacking From cIOS38v19 to v17 - Difficult?

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After much reading I've finally worked out that the reason my Triiforce install constantly gives "* ERROR - Titles not found" is that it doesn't support cIOS38 rev19 which I'm using, Should I 'downgrade' to rev 17? I'm not really sure how to do it and it sounds a little dangerous, Should I just hold out for rev20 which will hopefully fix this with the new Triiforce version?

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gameking66 said:
Pressing A three times after launching a .dol is hard.

Care to elaborate? I'm asking if there's any inherent risk in changing cIOS version, especially to one of a lower version.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
apoptygma said:
gameking66 said:
Pressing A three times after launching a .dol is hard.

Care to elaborate? I'm asking if there's any inherent risk in changing cIOS version, especially to one of a lower version.
There isn't. A basic wii contains multiple IOS'es (Input/Output Systems), all of which just sit side by side until some application needs it. In addition, there are some empty slots for new IOS'es as well.
That's where cIOS'es come in (Custom Input/Output Systems). cIOS'es are like IOS'es, but made by the hacking community. They're usually installed to these empty slots (e.g. Waninkoko's cIOS traditionally installs to both 249 and 250), and as such, they don't mess with anything your wii needs to work.

In other words: you can upgrade and downgrade Waninkoko's firmware all you want. The only thing that'll change is the compatibility with the games and the homebrew that rely on Waninkoko's cIOS (such as triiforce).

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
There isn't. A basic wii contains multiple IOS'es (Input/Output Systems), all of which just sit side by side until some application needs it. In addition, there are some empty slots for new IOS'es as well.
That's where cIOS'es come in (Custom Input/Output Systems). cIOS'es are like IOS'es, but made by the hacking community. They're usually installed to these empty slots (e.g. Waninkoko's cIOS traditionally installs to both 249 and 250), and as such, they don't mess with anything your wii needs to work.

In other words: you can upgrade and downgrade Waninkoko's firmware all you want. The only thing that'll change is the compatibility with the games and the homebrew that rely on Waninkoko's cIOS (such as triiforce).
[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying , I was always under the impression that waninkoko's firmware touched the other IOS files in some way eg. IOS36 or IOS38 and was concerned that if i'd installed a lower version and the installation were to fail I would be in trouble, if the installer only modifies 249+250 I should be safe, knowing that worst case scenario I'll need to delete the IOS and re-install it
smile.gif

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just remember, you MUST delete the V19, before you can install/downgrade to V17.

Either use Any Title Deleter, or the MMM package for the deletion.

And ONLY delete the IOS249. Never anything under 200.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...