From cIOS38v19 to v17 - Difficult?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by apoptygma, Apr 7, 2010.

Apr 7, 2010
  1. apoptygma
    OP

Member apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    After much reading I've finally worked out that the reason my Triiforce install constantly gives "* ERROR - Titles not found" is that it doesn't support cIOS38 rev19 which I'm using, Should I 'downgrade' to rev 17? I'm not really sure how to do it and it sounds a little dangerous, Should I just hold out for rev20 which will hopefully fix this with the new Triiforce version?

2. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Pressing A three times after launching a .dol is hard.

3. apoptygma
    OP

Australia
    Care to elaborate? I'm asking if there's any inherent risk in changing cIOS version, especially to one of a lower version.

4. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    http://det1re.de/d/index.php?dir=cios%2F

There's a list of most versions. Just install it like you have been installing, it should over write it. If you have problems, delete IOS249 with ATD and run the installer again.

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    There isn't. A basic wii contains multiple IOS'es (Input/Output Systems), all of which just sit side by side until some application needs it. In addition, there are some empty slots for new IOS'es as well.
    That's where cIOS'es come in (Custom Input/Output Systems). cIOS'es are like IOS'es, but made by the hacking community. They're usually installed to these empty slots (e.g. Waninkoko's cIOS traditionally installs to both 249 and 250), and as such, they don't mess with anything your wii needs to work.

In other words: you can upgrade and downgrade Waninkoko's firmware all you want. The only thing that'll change is the compatibility with the games and the homebrew that rely on Waninkoko's cIOS (such as triiforce).

6. apoptygma
    OP

Australia
    [/quote]
    There isn't. A basic wii contains multiple IOS'es (Input/Output Systems), all of which just sit side by side until some application needs it. In addition, there are some empty slots for new IOS'es as well.
    That's where cIOS'es come in (Custom Input/Output Systems). cIOS'es are like IOS'es, but made by the hacking community. They're usually installed to these empty slots (e.g. Waninkoko's cIOS traditionally installs to both 249 and 250), and as such, they don't mess with anything your wii needs to work.

In other words: you can upgrade and downgrade Waninkoko's firmware all you want. The only thing that'll change is the compatibility with the games and the homebrew that rely on Waninkoko's cIOS (such as triiforce).
    [/quote]

Thanks for clarifying , I was always under the impression that waninkoko's firmware touched the other IOS files in some way eg. IOS36 or IOS38 and was concerned that if i'd installed a lower version and the installation were to fail I would be in trouble, if the installer only modifies 249+250 I should be safe, knowing that worst case scenario I'll need to delete the IOS and re-install it [​IMG]

7. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    His firmware updaters caused problems for some people but nit his cIOS Installers. [​IMG]

8. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Just remember, you MUST delete the V19, before you can install/downgrade to V17.

Either use Any Title Deleter, or the MMM package for the deletion.

And ONLY delete the IOS249. Never anything under 200.....