Hacking Friends list freezing

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3ds on 4.5 with gateway card, when I select the friend icon on the main screen the friends list splash screen comes up on the lower screen and the upper screen stays white. I have to turn the 3ds off by the power button as it just stays like that forever, I have also tried this on emuNAND and get the same result. I have added friends to the list before but only noticed this issue since updating the emuNAND with the latest gateway release, I have tried to launch the friends list without SD card and gateway card inserted but without any joy. Should I try to format the system memory without the cards inserted, if I tried this would it still be on 4.5 after formatting the system memory?..........................sudeki300

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes regardless if u do a system format it will still be on 4.5.. and if u do format..... anything on the sd card like shop titles will not be playable.

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't have no shop titles anyway, I had Mario land 3d but I have to renown load that anyway, could I format system memory with SDcard inserted........................sudeki300

Formatted system memory and friends list working again, please close thread

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
even though i have done a system format and done a new emunand my friends list still freezes while in emunand, i have tried in sysnand and it works fine. so i'm not sure what could be causing this, anyone else have this problem.........................sudeki300

xeon111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so i was facing this exact problem around 2-3 months ago.
So here is what i did.
I opened the friends screen (or was it the notifications screen). It was stuck with friends on the bottom screen and a white screen on the top.
Then i waited. I waited for around 10-15 minutes and after that it started working. In other words wait for 10-15 minutes (keep it on charging if you worry about battery usage).
I believe that it is building up the cache in this time.

One other thing that i would suggest everyone to do is, that to format the sysNand (ver 4.5) with the big SD card out ( the one which was emunand).
That actually made my system much faster especially the emunand booting time (from ds profile to working emunand) is only around 5-10 seconds now.

NinjaEdit : spelling

Reactions: _eyCaRambA_ and d3v

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is what i did.
I opened the friends screen (or was it the notifications screen). It was stuck with friends on the bottom screen and a white screen on the top.
Then i waited. I waited for around 10-15 minutes and after that it started working. In other words wait for 10-15 minutes (keep it on charging if you worry about battery usage).

One other thing that i would suggest everyone to do is, that to format the sysNand (ver 4.5) with the big SD card out ( the one which was emunand).
That actually made my system much faster especially the emunand booting time (from ds profile to working emunand) is only around 5-10 seconds now.

Worked. Thanks!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is what i did.

Wow you were right. About 15 minutes later the app finally loaded. I would have never thought to leave it for that long. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2