Hacking Friend Got Banned Today Even Though He Did Not Connect Pre 11/18/16

HuskyXD

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My guess is that your friend didn't use the freeshop version but instead use the leak version. The leak version is .3ds conversion and it has version "0" whereas the freeshop version is "16 or 32". The moment he went online with that leak version, he was marked.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that your friend didn't use the freeshop version but instead use the leak version. The leak version is .3ds conversion and it has version "0" whereas the freeshop version is "16 or 32". The moment he went online with that leak version, he was marked.
no!!! as I said before I've been using the leaked versions and I'm not banned it's nothing to do with version 0 or 16 his friend just happened to go online before the 18th and either doesn't remember or someone went online without him noticing

Reactions: HuskyXD

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, there are some dumb people here.

1. I played the leaked Moon release the day it went big on the Internet, but never connected to the online features.

2. I've been playing the retail cart Sun .cia since yesterday and HAVE gone online.

3. I'm not banned, and yes, I've turned off my 3DS.

It's clear that the only thing triggering bans was playing the game online before release.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I live in UK, England

The game comes out 23rd October here, should I wait to get Pokemon Moon there, I won't go online
Although this talk about people being banned WITHOUT going online is scary
You can freely play sumo as long as you don't go online until the 23rd. The evidence is strong regarding only getting banned due to going online in game prior to the release date of your region.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
simple fact is everyone got too comfortable with piraring and thought they were invincible, Nintendo may have been able to detect this for a while but think about this logically, when is the best time to ban a bunch of kids games consoles?

-Snip-

the same tactic has been used by Microsoft and Sony, you will notice nearly every console ban wave happens oct-dec

Makes you wonder if Nintendo/Gamefreak had this planned since the beginning for these months, should the case actually occur. :unsure:
Nah, this must have been a coincidence! Still, after reading and learning more about the problem, i still think entering online in the game and the pokemon servers is what triggers the ban (as long as you enter prior to any release date/your regional release date), regardless of the version of the game now.

MistWisp

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
upload_2016-11-20_12-20-41.png

There ya go, online with the leak copy

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 69627
There ya go, online with the leak copy
Op's friend is full of it

either he went online midnight on the dot and Nintendo knows nobody would realistically have the game by time let alone have the online features unlocked in the game and was penalized for it

or

that friend of his didn't keep very good track of time and got himself banned

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
no!!! as I said before I've been using the leaked versions and I'm not banned it's nothing to do with version 0 or 16 his friend just happened to go online before the 18th and either doesn't remember or someone went online without him noticing
Just wait. The bans have been coming in waves.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So... everyone will be banned who has a savestate which was before the release?
I don't think so. The save data's date relies on your console's date. If you happen to forgot to set your console's date (i.e you're on jan. 1, 2011 now) and made a fresh save data, the save data will have a starting date of jan. 1, 2011.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not personally say it is either.
I played pokemon moon on it's first day of leak. I did play it a lot but I never went online. I did open wonder square or whatever, But I never specifically logged into the online services (I had nagging thing in my neck telling me to definitely not to)

I should been in first wave of bans if internet connectivity with playing the game was enough. I still am not (I out of nervouseness logged to eShop 10 minutes ago) and am not. It definitely needs something, and you specifically connecting to the online services within the game.

Also leaving the game on while putting console in sleep mode, in my charger, connected to my home wifi.

For anyone tallying up how people have been banned/not been banned - I did this exact same thing.

Played on first day of the leak, left the WiFi on (used the badge arcade a few times) and used the wonder plaza in LOCAL mode (there's a button to go Online but I never used it).

No sign of a ban on my end (touch wood).

I've not gone online with the leak AT ALL, even after release (not taking any chances since it's still not officially out in the UK until the 23rd).

So it's definitely something to do with purposefully connecting to their servers. If it were automatic, I'd have been stung even though I didn't go online with the game.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. The save data's date relies on your console's date. If you happen to forgot to set your console's date (i.e you're on jan. 1, 2011 now) and made a fresh save data, the save data will have a starting date of jan. 1, 2011.

Yeah, but what about all the people that have game activity on the days preceeding the release date? I don't think Nintendo is dumb enough to see that and think that the circumstance is that people have incorrect dates set.

Last edited by Joom,

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah waves that are probably coming in from Europe now

Seeing as how it's not out until the 23rd; A German poster got banned for using a US CIA eShop copy online and only those who connected before the release date are being banned at the moment (some have gone online with the leaked copy after official release and are fine) I think the bans are just caused by going online when the game isn't out yet in your region.

It's nothing to do with version strings either. The ban waves are coming in from Europe since it isn't out yet (all but confirmed that bans are caused by going online before release!).

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, but what about all the people that have game activity on the days preceeding the release date? I don't think Nintendo is dumb enough to see that and think that the circumstance is that people have incorrect dates set.
It would be troublesome for ninty to ban every console with save game dates during the period of the leak because they will not have a solid evidence that you indeed played with the leaked game or just coincidentally have your date set to that period. If an unfortunate, legit player were to be banned and to complain, they won't have a choice but to lift the ban for him/her. Once non-legit players sees this "loophole," and ninty, without a solid evidence, will have to lift everybody's ban.

I think I over explained myself. But I think you'll get the point without having to read everyrhing.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that