Hacking Fresh Modded Wii not starting

Dustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just soft modded my Wii today and was doing fine. After I modded it I went and played MW3. I hit the return home button and my screen went blank. When i try to restart my Wii the light turns on, it makes a few sounds, and then nothing. I made a backup of the system pre mod, but to be able to reset it i need it to turn on. can anyone have any ideas?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just soft modded my Wii today and was doing fine. After I modded it I went and played MW3. I hit the return home button and my screen went blank. When i try to restart my Wii the light turns on, it makes a few sounds, and then nothing. I made a backup of the system pre mod, but to be able to reset it i need it to turn on. can anyone have any ideas?
Do you have bootmii installed in boot2?
Does the light on the front turn green?

Dustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii is in its own folder when I installed it, along with keys.bin and nand.bin. And yes, the green light turn on, but nothing happens

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a problem where bootmii does not output to the video you are using just resulting in a black screen. Try uplugging the SD card and turning it on.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if you had bootmii as boot2 or not? If you had it as boot2, you should be able to load into bootmii. If you did have it as boot2, then not loading into bootmii eliminates like a million issues of what it could be!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd like to know this as well, I'm suspecting the OP did something more than play a game...and got it bricked.

On the other hand there are likely more explanations , to get this sort of problems.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used the 3 part Letterbomb guide .

You should have used Modmii by xflak.
NEVER FOLLOW A YOUTUBE GUIDE.
BTW this video it's a really bad one. REALLY BAD.
Really bad and VERY VERY outdated.

It's the reason of your brick. If you do not have bootmii in boot2, you can throw your Wii into the bin.( read: a wii younger than 5 years )

http://modmii.zzl.org/

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
According to the guide You should have priiloader installed.
Just try to invoke it on console boot - search how.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
According to the guide You should have priiloader installed.
Just try to invoke it on console boot - search how.
Won't work if he has done the "downgrade part" His system menu IOS is likely missing or corrupted by darkcorp.
This will be the same for his Priiloader installation, as it's part of the system menu.

If he had a newer Wii with a specific serial , this downgrading could also potentionally lead to a FULL brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*