Hacking Freezing Issue...

sphinx.djc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently turned off my DSi cause it pissed me off. I've been playing Castlevania OofE, anyway, I beat Brachyura (3rd boss, big spider) continued on in the level, and just my luck, game froze...
hate2.gif
BUT, I wasn't gonna let it off that easy, especially since I found an easier way to take this bastard down, reset with the power button, got back into the game, beat him a second time. I continued again trying to find a place to save in case it would freeze again, but I didn't get very far as the game froze again. Ever since I got the AceKard, its froze on me 4 times in total in an amount of... 4 days. I know its normal for any sort of technology or video games to freeze from time to time, but how often does it happen with the AceKard?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it is a well known fact that the castlevania games require a fast msd, and a firmware and flash linker that can access quickly. there has been a "speed" fix since the official 4.08 firmware. akaio has a much superior dma mode. so what it comes down to is how you formatted your msd, how fast it is, and sometimes the name brand. with that said, did you expect 100% compatibility from a 20$ device? at times, some games will fail, this is the nature of the hobby. as for "crashing," i haven't had it happen with the castlevania games.

-another world

sphinx.djc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
it is a well known fact that the castlevania games require a fast msd, and a firmware and flash linker that can access quickly. there has been a "speed" fix since the official 4.08 firmware. akaio has a much superior dma mode. so what it comes down to is how you formatted your msd, how fast it is, and sometimes the name brand. with that said, did you expect 100% compatibility from a 20$ device? at times, some games will fail, this is the nature of the hobby. as for "crashing," i haven't had it happen with the castlevania games.

-another world

I formatted the exact way in the wiki with the Panasonic SD Formatter. My SD card is a Patriot SDHC 8 gigabyte. I'm going to have a go at it again and see how it goes, some more information in case it might help, I am using AKAIO 1.4.1, I have not updated the DSi with any firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily