1. Zody

OP Zody Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I have a Phat PS2 console which I have recently bought and I wanted to patch and burn some games downloaded from the internet so I could play them via FreeDVDboot. However, after I downloaded the ISOs, I was not able to patch them and came across the same error with the patcher despite which ISO I decided to use. The patcher was unable to open the ISO regardless of which payload I decided to use. For context, I am trying to patch a Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. I have been using Jabu's FDVDB ESR patcher at its latest 0.4 version but I keep having the same error occur.

Has this happened with anyone, and if so, how did you fix it?

Last edited by Zody, Sep 16, 2020 at 1:38 PM
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Hörspiel Fan

Austria
    Hello.:)

Did you tried the Patcher from @ffgriever ?
    Proved and reliable.

..and I am pretty sure,your downloaded ISO´s are really ISO´s.(No other Extension like .exe or something else..).

Good Luck
    Thank you.:)

3. Zody

OP Zody Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the ESR patcher which you have linked me to is not the FDVDB patcher and requires Free McBoot to play burned games on my PS2, which I have not installed.

The FDVDB patcher does not require me to mod my PS2 which is why I wanted to use it to patch my ISOs. And yes, the ISOs I downloaded are RAR files which I extract to ISO files.

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Last edited by zfreeman, Sep 16, 2020 at 1:12 PM
  5. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Optionally:

Preparation:
    Step 1: Burn the FreeDVDBoot prebuilt standard ISO image for phat Instructions Here
    Step 2: In a clean FAT32 usb thumbdrive copy the FreeMCBoot install for phat and the ESR launcher.
    Step 3: Insert the thumbdrive in your PS2, put the FreeDVDBoot disc and run.
    Step 4: Run the FreeMCBoot install and follow instructions. Best cards are the original 8 MB MagicGates, but any compatible 8 MB MagicGate will do.
    Step 5: Copy ESR Launcher to memory card in a safe location ("mc0:/APPS/ESR.elf")
    Step 6: Configure FreeMCBoot (using the new main bios menu entry) to have the ESR in memory card as main ESR launcher

To play:
    Step 1: Patch isos with regular patcher and burn.
    Step 2: Put disc in ps2 and play.

Use a roomy usb drive (64GB will do most of the time, multiple USBs if you are collecting) and openps2loader to have the games installed and not use the DVD drive anymore.

Last edited by Urbanshadow, Sep 16, 2020 at 1:11 PM
  6. mive

mive Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Wouldn't it be easier if you install fmcb on your memory card and then install the esr application (dont forget to use esr patcher with the isos) ?

edit:
    basically what @Urbanshadow said

Last edited by mive, Sep 16, 2020 at 1:11 PM
  7. Zody

OP Zody Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    @zfreeman

I have tried every version and even the one that you sent me a link to, via dragging and dropping and also opening up the application and patching it the normal way. It doesn't work regardless of how I try to do it.

I keep getting the same error saying that the patcher cannot open the ISO file.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@Urbanshadow

Hi, thanks for your reply.

This is my final resort unfortunately, but I would like to skip modding my PS2 and go with the easier FreeDVDboot option...
    But if I can't figure out a solution to this problem, I will end up doing what you've said.

8. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Is your NET Framework up-to-date? I'm using NET v4.8; also, I'm using Windows 10 x64, if maybe that matters. I do recommend, like the others, to save the laser for official discs.

Last edited by zfreeman, Sep 16, 2020 at 4:56 PM
  9. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Mod how? Everything would be in the MC. Want an unaltered experience? Take out the MC. That easy.

Zody likes this.
  10. Zody

OP Zody Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    My NET framework is up to date. I don't think that's the problem unfortunately.

11. hansi123456

hansi123456 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Where did you get the payloads?

12. Zody

OP Zody Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Off CTurt's FreeDVDboot github

13. gisel213

gisel213 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is mainly centered around slim ps2's even the 90000 series havent seen fat support yet unless there's some kind of update. Note i used Jabu's Patcher after trying my own method worked fine
    I did a video of some things booting when this was still new

Last edited by gisel213, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:31 PM
  14. Zody

OP Zody Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    There are payloads out which do support Phat consoles now, but the problem isn't with the payloads. I've tried patching with the slim PS2 payloads (3.10.3.11 hybrid) but I get the same error.

15. gisel213

gisel213 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  16. rs1n

rs1n GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Free MC Boot does not mod your PS2. It is installed as a program on your memory card. In practice it is no different from you putting in a burned disc containing Free DVD Boot, except you use a memory instead of a DVD-R disc.

17. hansi123456

hansi123456 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    The problem must be one your side. I have tried 0.3 and 0.4, both work great with all ISO. Try it with another computer. Important: Unpack the patcher in a separate folder of your PC. One thing for sure: it's not the patcher as it works like charm – so the culprit in every case is your device. AND: Deactivate your anti-virus and/or other security-programs in the background. Could be that your antivirus denies the access.

Last edited by hansi123456, Sep 17, 2020 at 7:33 AM
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - FreeDVDboot, downloaded, patcher