May 12, 2018
    Canada
    It does

3. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    460mhz maxes out the dynamic resolution in handheld, it still doesn’t look great, but it does looks better

4. IngeniousDefault

IngeniousDefault GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2009
    Germany
    Any screenshots for comparison?

5. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Sustained battery voltage is at that level can cause a battery to explode and fry a whole system. Stream overclocks have been documented to do this I'm not sure if it's in. Motor and handheld mode but none the less it poses a risk to your system.

6. Suvan

Suvan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    I think we should test it out .....comparing oc and stock .....if someone has a capture card......please do it.....

7. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    Good news everyone! My Switch actually survived the night here in sleep mode. I might be busy the next couple days, so I might actually upload the newer version later. It's a pretty important fix.

It will drop back to 768MHz. I figured someone would try it. Maybe I'll make it even lower as a punishment for thinking they could outsmart me.

Yeah, presets would be easy to add. I need to clean up Freeset a lot though. The main file is a mess.

I actually did have some screenshots from when I hit Torigoth with the original version of this on and off. I don't have them anymore though. Maybe later I can add the hotkey back in if you're ok with some 30 second clips from the Switch's default capture. Resolution and framerate in that particular area improved.

8. Spazturtle

Spazturtle Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2016
    If you want to improve load times then do the 256GB NAND upgrade and install all your games on the NAND.

Last edited by Spazturtle, Feb 7, 2019
  9. Howl_Wolfen

Howl_Wolfen Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2019
    United States
    Let me start by saying thank you for this, something I've been wanting for the Switch for a long time and you've made it so easy to use.

Second, I have a few suggestions. Do you think it would be possible to have an overlay (similar to Lolicon on the PS Vita) by pressing a certain button combo? (Ex. +,- and Home at the same time) to adjust clock speeds while in game? I understand this isn't as easy as it sounds, but I think a way to adjust clock speeds in game or even turn on/off Freebird while in game would help.
    Also, I was about to mention sleep mode but I see you're already working on a fix

10. Assasin1990

Assasin1990 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Moldova
    holy crap ! my dream comes true ! i just tested Zelda in Korok Forest and i have to say that HOLY MOTHER , i got better resolution ((handheld) i never use it in docked mode) and there was no fps drop/freezes anymore !
    god bless you and good work , keep it up @JK_
    also if you don't mind, i have to support you with a couple bucks , so , give us your paypal. )

Suggestion: will be cool if you'll be able to "activate services" on keybinds in game , like keep pressed - and + and ZL and ZR to activate/deactivate.

Last edited by Assasin1990, Feb 8, 2019
    taggen86 and Howl_Wolfen like this.
  11. unnamed124

unnamed124 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2019
    Barbados
    Any chance for an SX OS version?

12. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    im probaly gonna make a youtbe video about this

13. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South

Hey mate, any idea why this isn't working with reinx and will it have a version for reinx?

14. IngeniousDefault

IngeniousDefault GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2009
    Germany
    That would be great!

15. taggen86

taggen86 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2018
    Sweden
    You can use sx os and atmosphere on the same switch as I do. Just put all the necessary atmo files on your sd card and inject the Atmos payload from the sx os menu. a. nice setup us to use nsp's on atmo and xci's on sx os.

Last edited by taggen86, Feb 8, 2019
  16. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Homebrew devs can't add it to SX OS, only TX can.

17. Ivean

Ivean Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2019
    China
    Setting the GPU to 921Mhz is also stable, but there's no significant improvement in Zelda (Kororo Forest) I guess the bandwidth of RAM limits the frame rate.

18. Xebastron

Xebastron Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2014
    it is not worth getting to those frequencies, being in the 768Mhz is enough, beyond that no game will be veneficiará of it. It's what I think

19. unnamed124

unnamed124 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2019
    Barbados
    I'm just scared not to get my console banned cause SX OS has stealth mode and it's safer for the console that's why I don't boot both

20. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    There's this neat thing called "90DNS" that blocks all of Nintendo's servers

Adran_Marit, Assasin1990 and taggen86 like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted