Free Xbox 360 and PS3 Repairs

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have a few things to add on. What/how you should send it, have insurance on it or not, etc. I can/will ship international, however with the cost of it. You might as well send it to somone in your area, and there's no way I'm going to do a ton of Xbox's or PS3s for one person. I'm not a free way of fixing up Xboxs off eBAY, so you can make a quick buck.

Reactions: 1 person

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
E3 flasher can update its firmware, and it's tied to one-PS3-only. There's an update which will let you use your E3 to downgrade/flash/backup on more PS3s.
PS3 has NAND and on later Slim models NOR, not all PS3s can be downgraded to a up-to-date method of cfw (3.55 for now). This means, some can't handle 3.55 ofw because of newer hardware and will brick instantly.

E3 has a solderless NOR clip, which you can *by pressing the clip against the chip a little* do the E3 perform restore/rewrite flash images to NOR. Unfortunately, NAND will require soldering points to an E3 NAND base-like adapter...
--

Nice iniciative Devin, you've got all my support from here!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Lol looks like this:
2508eo0.png

To remove the formatting, just highlight all of the text and hit the erase button in the top right corner of the editor.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Immediate Reaction

Seriously, you're being way too nice here. Console repairs out of the kindness of your heart? You must be Dev-out of your mind!

It's really not even that much, the only cost comes from the material needed. I like tinkering, so I consider that a reward, as well as a nice PM saying they got the Xbox/PS3 all nice and safe in working order.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The limit on the trading forum (and therefore the Feedback section) is 100 posts, not 500.

I could just edit that myself but then how will you learn? :ha:

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another thing I'll have to update is, that for Xbox 360's/PS3s I have everything I need. A controller, AV cable, and a 203w power supply (Normal PS3 power cable.) So all you're going to need to send is the console itself. :yay:

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a review for the X360 USB Pro v2 coming in tomorrow, so I'll update the original post with Free Xbox 360 Disc Flashing/ Drive Key Extraction.

Oh, and my new printer will be here tomorrow. My apologies for those who have been waiting.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'll have to take advantage of this when I get the chance (That is if I can!). One of my 360s needs a disc drive laser replacement, and my friend gave me his brother's RROD system to pull the laser out of it, so I essentially have 2 broken, but fixable 360s.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to take advantage of this when I get the chance (That is if I can!). One of my 360s needs a disc drive laser replacement, and my friend gave me his brother's RROD system to pull the laser out of it, so I essentially have 2 broken, but fixable 360s.

Feel free to, but just thinking about the pricing of me shipping Scott105 a Xbox 360 of mine to Canada was quite hefty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...