Free Oneplus Cardboard for Sale! ($5 Shipping :/)

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Ericthegreat, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Ericthegreat
    OP

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    https://oneplus.net/cardboard

Says sold out but keep trying every couple min, and you can probably get one :)

And yes I do think $5 is a lil pricy. Not for the cardboard, but for the "Shipping", This model is "based" on the v2 Cardboard model:

http://www.roadtovr.com/google-announces-new-larger-cardboard-vr-viewer-with-universal-input-button/

(the new button is basically a stylus tip that touches your screen but whatever)

It's a lil thinner, I've heard before that the screen was alreay too close to the lenses, but idk, im not a lens expert.

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I wanted to get one, but I got the email way too late and they were already sold out by the time I got it. Kinda cheesed at that, I don't really have the materials to construct one myself.

3. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    duh fuq is this autism , april fools was 3 months ago

4. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Fair warning, if you haven't already set up an account, you will get royally boned when you try to order. They have the worst account set up system I have ever encountered and won't even let you check out until you set up everything the long way via your account settings. Their site is not made to facilitate an easy checkout, which completely baffles me.

Edit: And it's officially sold out, apparently for good. This was a really dumb way of doing this and it legitimately pisses me off that the only alternatives are now "make it yourself" or pay $20+ for some cardboard and $2 worth of pieces. It's like there is an effort to make VR not even worth bothering with.

Last edited by Nathan Drake, Jul 4, 2015