Gaming Free eshop?

Burntzebra23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve seen something about a freeshop type thing for the switch... I’m new to the switch and just trying to find games I’m not asking for a link.. but more of a push in the right.Direction I’ve Tried googling them and pretty sure I got Viruses instead

Reactions: Deleted User

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is something similar to freeshop for Switch, but the loophole that allowed people to abuse Nintendo's servers back in the 3DS days was patched. So this "shop" for the Switch relies on Google Drive links instead.

If you find something with a three letter acronym, you're probably headed in the right direction. You should look for a link to their Discord and find instructions there, rather than following outdated YouTube videos and the like on other sites.

Reactions: Burntzebra23

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but if you don't remove those files then using the mod is no different to just using the normal Tinfoil. The point of the mod is so you aren't forced to use those files.

I know, he only needs to copy the tinfoil folder inside the switch folder over assuming he is already using Atmosphere, don't even bother copying the rest especially Blawar's mercury app, this guy with his malicious apps.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Burntzebra23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, he only needs to copy the tinfoil folder inside the switch folder over assuming he is already using Atmosphere, don't even bother copying the rest especially Blawar's mercury app, this guy with his malicious apps.
Let’s say I haven’t yet modded my switch what do I need ? I have the noob guide to modding switch but I’d like to make it so I can load up either nand or sys so that way I can play online or offline with CFW... and the HBG for games will be great that’s all I want to do for the moment with it

Joaoaug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let’s say I haven’t yet modded my switch what do I need ? I have the noob guide to modding switch but I’d like to make it so I can load up either nand or sys so that way I can play online or offline with CFW... and the HBG for games will be great that’s all I want to do for the moment with it
you will need emummc, if you plan to use athmosphere, or emunand if you plan to buy sxos. There's some guides in the guides section. If you dont wanna to mess with files and folders go with sxos, if you dont wanna spend some money go with atmosphere.
After setting up your emunand or emummc find the homebrewgeneral disccord and download their version of tinfoil, Then gg izi.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by lordelan,

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI, the /HBG/ discord server got nuked by discord so they are focusing on getting everything back the way it should be

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't aware there's a mod that allows usage in vanilla KOSMOS/AMS.
(I guess that's what that github mod does?)

Edit:

What the ...?

There is a mod that people created since that you don't have to jump through hoop to use Tinfoil/HBG shop, it is recommended to block the firmware tab in tinfoil because people been accusing Blawar spreading malware, who know if he will provide update files that brick people unit.

Reactions: Owenge and lordelan

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my. Just saw it too. Let's see what they'll do.
Yeah at first I thought I was kicked so when I joined the server again only the admins and owners had their ranks but no one else (lost my rank) However they are working on getting everyone's rank(s) back.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah at first I thought I was kicked so when I joined the server again only the admins and owners had their ranks but no one else (lost my rank) However they are working on getting everyone's rank(s) back.
Yeah found the new link but since the HBG Shop (what else would you need from that Discord?) is available on their website as well, what's the deal? :D

Reactions: Owenge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool