Free 3D Hack-and-Slash MMORPGs?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Skyline969, May 31, 2009.

May 31, 2009
  1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I'm looking for a free 3D hack-and-slash MMORPG. I hate the point-and-click crap, I want an online game where you can link combos and whatnot with different attacks. I hate auto attacking, so I want a fighting style similar to Lunia or Dragonica. Dragonica is down right now (closed beta ended), and Lunia would have had me hooked if it wasn't just playing through stages with a custom-made character. A game controller option would be a plus, but if there isn't one I can just rig XPadder for the game in question. I'm open to all suggestions. [​IMG]
    However, no MapleStory or MapleStory-esque games please! Those games are brutal.

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Aren't they all point and click? Producing a real-time attacking doodah would be a bit above a free game I'd imagine, and surely would cause complications for an online game? Real-time action combat could go wrong quite easily in an MMORPG I'd imagine. But I'm probably wrong XD.

3. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Like I said, Dragonica, MapleStory, and Lunia have all accomplished it. Dragonica is pretty much perfect, but Open Beta doesn't start for a while. I'm looking for something to tie me over. [​IMG]

4. Pimpmynintendo

Member Pimpmynintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    IDC what anybody says, not one of those F2P MMOs are really 3D. MapleStory is straight up 2D and the other two are psuedo-3D(2.5D) Plus imho any average Diablo clone would be better than any game like MapleStory.

5. jlj

Newcomer jlj Member

United Kingdom
    Lunia online

6. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    maybe not exactly, what you are looking for, but you have to do hack'n'slash missions against monsters with ppl

infinity online

7. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    maybe try Savage 2: A Tortured Soul

8. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal

i second this.

Its an Arcade Style MMORPG

9. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    I played Lunia, but the only thing that turned me away was that you can't customize your character. You have to choose a preset one.

10. Findecanno

Member Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    savage 2 is in no way an mmo. the compnay that makes savage is coming out with a new game like savage that will have some rpg elements in it. Its called heros of newerth. I would still recommend savage or savage 2 to hold you over.