Homebrew  Updated

FPSLocker - set custom FPS target in retail games

An overlay that with SaltyNX 0.7.0+ allows to set custom FPS in Nintendo Switch retail games.

Disclaimer: Tool is utilizing detection of graphics API to manipulate FPS. It supports special patches that are helping with going above 30 FPS in games using proprietary FPS locks.

You can see here how it works (I was utilizing Witcher 3 dynamic resolution config mod to make anything above 30 FPS available):

More in README (I recommend to read it + also SaltyNX readme if you don't know how it works)
Repo: https://github.com/masagrator/FPSLocker
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/FPSLocker/releases
Patches: https://github.com/masagrator/FPSLocker-Warehouse

Last edited by masagrator,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And now to collection added patch for Tears of The Kingdom 1.2.1. Everything except for vertical aiming speed with Ultrahand was figured out by me alone. Thanks to creator of Ultracam ~LastBreath for pointing to function which returns Ultrahand vertical aiming speed.

Triple buffer, dynamic resolution adjusted to FPS target, dynamic speed for both gameplay + UI. No issue with black background in d-pad menu, played game from start to finish. Read README for info about known existing non game-breaking issues that I don't plan to fix.
Game requires higher RAM/CPU than BoTW, it is exhausting for game to maintain AIs of Sages. At 1963 CPU / 1996 RAM with 3 sages it was already pretty often dropping below 60 in open spaces. 1963 CPU / 2131 RAM and no issues even with all Sages.

Pic of my Switch with CPU showing 100% usage with 3 Sages at 1996 RAM
IMG_20240124_004432.jpg

Video from final battle recorded with Switch.

Last edited by masagrator,

Ruvik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to be connected to the charger for the 60 fps to work properly in TOTK and BOTW? Newbie here, still waiting for my modded switch to arrive.

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i copied over all files from the fpslocker warehouse.
both folders (atmosphere etc) right to the root of my sd card.
I confirmed beforehand that the build ID is the correct one for arkham asylum and that the files have been copied to my microsd.

When i check FPSlocker tho (all plugins, firmware etc etc latest version as of today) it still says "patch file doesnt exist" and stays stuck at 30fps

EDIT: Disregard. Reboot fixed it.

Last edited by Nakamichi,

KyleYagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@masagrator or anyone. Is there a fix for BOTW and TOTK? The 60 fps is just so beautiful so first of all thank you. However, I noticed that when performing a perfect dodge, link's rush to the enemy is always short. Like with 30 fps, after perfect dodging link will rush and it will be an immediate/guaranteed hit. With the 60 fps patch, link will rush, but the first or several swings depending on how far back you jump wil always miss and link would seem to be just swinging but not hitting the enemy.
Post automatically merged:

Flurry rush seems to work fine in TOTK. In BOTW, I have to drop to 45 fps for the Flurry Rush to work properly (as in hit the enemy after the perfect dodge) I hope this can be fixed. TOTK works just fine.
Post automatically merged:

For reference (please see attached)

60 fps BOTW- Broken Flurry Rush in BOTW - first 2 hits missed after perfect dodge
45 fps BOTW- Flurry Rush behaves the same as 30 fps. Immediate hit after perfect dodge.
60 fps TOTK - same as 45 fps BOTW, Flurry Rush is not broken and behaves as it should be - immediate hit after a perfect dodge.

Attachments

• 60 fps BOTW - Broken Flurry Rush.mp4
    24.3 MB
  • 45 fps BOTW - Flurry Rush OK.mp4
    24.5 MB
  • 60 fps TOTK - Flurry Rush OK.mp4
    24.8 MB
Last edited by KyleYagami,

KyleYagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good day @masagrator just want to report another issue I found. While flurry rush seems to work ok with 45 fps per my prior post, doing a sneakstrike with Moblins will not work on higher fps. Seems like when I set it to 40 fps, it works just fine similar to the original 30 fps that the game runs with. Kindly see attached for the example.

I've tried this on every Moblin I saw and not just on the one on this submitted clip and I thought I was just positioned badly but it was a consistent behavior like the flurry rush issue on higher fps.

Attachments

• 40 fps - Moblin Sneakstrike - OK.mp4
    24.3 MB
  • 45 fps - Moblin Sneakstrike - Fail.mp4
    24.3 MB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto