Hacking Four NAND-backups, none match

GimmeWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I made two NAND-backups and compared them. They differed, so I made a third and now a forth. Still no perfect match.

I compared in Linux with diff-utils and in XP with "fc file1 file2 \b". I made them with latest Bootmii on my friends 4.2E console.

I want to go ahead installing apps to the HBC, but how can I be sure I got a working backup? All four verified.

It seems correct, but none of us want to take a chance. But I don't think it's matter if I make a fifth backup.

Any help is appreciated. And hopefully within the next 24 hours since my friend leaving soon.

GimmieWii

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GimmeWii said:
Hi,

I made two NAND-backups and compared them. They differed, so I made a third and now a forth. Still no perfect match.

I compared in Linux with diff-utils and in XP with "fc file1 file2 \b". I made them with latest Bootmii on my friends 4.2E console.

I want to go ahead installing apps to the HBC, but how can I be sure I got a working backup? All four verified.

It seems correct, but none of us want to take a chance. But I don't think it's matter if I make a fifth backup.

Any help is appreciated. And hopefully within the next 24 hours since my friend leaving soon.

GimmieWii
If you were to go into the system menu at all between backing up each time then it will definitely be different. Also if you have any bad blocks then that could cause it too. Also, the latest version of bootmii has a couple of bugs in it. I posted a link to Team Twizzers bug tracker where they have a fix that you can download, I put the link in xFlaxs thread.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o