Formatting wii...?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by baz8771, Apr 2, 2010.

Apr 2, 2010

Formatting wii...? by baz8771 at 4:43 AM (1,350 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. baz8771
    OP

Newcomer baz8771 Newbie

United States
    OK, here's the situation: I modded my wii about a year ago with bannerbomb. I'm using uloader and have a bunch of different stuff installed. I stopped backing up games about six months ago. Now, I'm really behind on all CIOSs and everything and would kinda like to start from scratch. Is this at all possible? Is there any way to return the wii to factory settings? If there is no way, could somebody please explain what I can do to get completed updated with the latest software and such? Also, a few more questions. Say I have CIOS249 installed and have to install CIOS39 (or any other CIOS) Does it erase CIOS249? Do they install side by side? I dont quite get how it all works, I just take the suggestions from forum posts [​IMG]

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  3. baz8771
    OP

Newcomer baz8771 Newbie

United States
    Ahhh thank you. Now, if anybody has an answer to my other questions that would be great. What is the most effective way of updating CIOSs? Is there a bulk CIOS updater? What are the most important CIOSs to have?

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Once you've done that virginizing thing, follow the rest of that guide to be all up to date.

5. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Just follow the the stickied guide. That's what I did to update a friends Wii, and it worked fine.

And to answer one of you questions CIOS's install side by side. The best ones are the latest CIOS by Waninkoko, Rev19, and the latest Hermes 222/223, Rev5 I think.

6. baz8771
    OP

Newcomer baz8771 Newbie

United States
    Do you think it would be a good idea to not virginize it and just try to update the cIOSs? Then maybe just install the uloader updates? Is there a loader you would reccommed over uloader?

7. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    You should be able to just update the CIOS actually.

I would recommend either Configurable USB Loader or USB Loader GX.

If you would like to start from scratch though, update via Nintendo Wifi connection, then follow the guide. But the quickest and easiest way would be to just update the CIOS, and USB Loader, and if you have any more problems, post again or search.

8. baz8771
    OP

Newcomer baz8771 Newbie

United States
    yeah im going to install 4.2 and then follow that guide and hope for the best.

9. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    ppl need to stop this virginizing crap before remodding. the sticky guide will do fine

10. VassagoX

Newcomer VassagoX Member

United States
    I agree. I was in the same situation as you. Using System Menu 4.0 with outdated cIOS. I just followed the stickied guide above just now and everything worked flawlessly. I didn't virginize first and all of my settings are still good. I highly recommend not virginizing.

While you are at it, follow the guide to update your system menu in the sticky post above too. I did that as well and am now on 4.2. If you have bootmii installed to boot2, just back up your nand first in case you have an issue and you have nothing to worry about.

11. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if you follow the completesoftmodguide it recommends Hermes v4

12. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I just added v5 too

13. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Why v5 ? Some games arent working on it as I was told. Hermes v4 is highly recommend.

14. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Didn't know that actually, I was just saying that v5 is latest. I use Wanin's most of the time.