Hacking Formatting wii...?

baz8771

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, here's the situation: I modded my wii about a year ago with bannerbomb. I'm using uloader and have a bunch of different stuff installed. I stopped backing up games about six months ago. Now, I'm really behind on all CIOSs and everything and would kinda like to start from scratch. Is this at all possible? Is there any way to return the wii to factory settings? If there is no way, could somebody please explain what I can do to get completed updated with the latest software and such? Also, a few more questions. Say I have CIOS249 installed and have to install CIOS39 (or any other CIOS) Does it erase CIOS249? Do they install side by side? I dont quite get how it all works, I just take the suggestions from forum posts
tongue.gif

baz8771

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh thank you. Now, if anybody has an answer to my other questions that would be great. What is the most effective way of updating CIOSs? Is there a bulk CIOS updater? What are the most important CIOSs to have?

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Just follow the the stickied guide. That's what I did to update a friends Wii, and it worked fine.

And to answer one of you questions CIOS's install side by side. The best ones are the latest CIOS by Waninkoko, Rev19, and the latest Hermes 222/223, Rev5 I think.

baz8771

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it would be a good idea to not virginize it and just try to update the cIOSs? Then maybe just install the uloader updates? Is there a loader you would reccommed over uloader?

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
baz8771 said:
Do you think it would be a good idea to not virginize it and just try to update the cIOSs? Then maybe just install the uloader updates? Is there a loader you would reccommed over uloader?

You should be able to just update the CIOS actually.

I would recommend either Configurable USB Loader or USB Loader GX.

If you would like to start from scratch though, update via Nintendo Wifi connection, then follow the guide. But the quickest and easiest way would be to just update the CIOS, and USB Loader, and if you have any more problems, post again or search.

VassagoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I was in the same situation as you. Using System Menu 4.0 with outdated cIOS. I just followed the stickied guide above just now and everything worked flawlessly. I didn't virginize first and all of my settings are still good. I highly recommend not virginizing.

While you are at it, follow the guide to update your system menu in the sticky post above too. I did that as well and am now on 4.2. If you have bootmii installed to boot2, just back up your nand first in case you have an issue and you have nothing to worry about.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
Just follow the the stickied guide. That's what I did to update a friends Wii, and it worked fine.

And to answer one of you questions CIOS's install side by side. The best ones are the latest CIOS by Waninkoko, Rev19, and the latest Hermes 222/223, Rev5 I think.

if you follow the completesoftmodguide it recommends Hermes v4

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TRushInfo said:
ppl need to stop this virginizing crap before remodding. the sticky guide will do fine
Indeed
I should probably put a big notice on the Virginize guide...

Digital1980 said:
QUOTE(ConJ @ Apr 1 2010, 11:53 PM) Just follow the the stickied guide. That's what I did to update a friends Wii, and it worked fine.

if you follow the completesoftmodguide it recommends Hermes v4
I just added v5 too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb