Homebrew Formatting mistake causes all files on SD card to be deleted

Rogerman1233

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to successfully use USBloader, I made a mistake with the SD card formatting and now every single one of my files on the SD card used for homebrew are now deleted. The homebrew channel is still installed on my wii. Do I need to redo the homebrew process since the homebrew files are gone from my SD card or do I just need to redo the steps needed to use USBloader?

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
When trying to successfully use USBloader, I made a mistake with the SD card formatting and now every single one of my files on the SD card used for homebrew are now deleted. The homebrew channel is still installed on my wii. Do I need to redo the homebrew process since the homebrew files are gone from my SD card or do I just need to redo the steps needed to use USBloader?
Get bootmii files again(Hackmii Installer will work), backup nand again If your nand backup is also gone, and redownload Homebrew apps(including USB loader).

Homebrew channel, cIOS and stuffs are installed on your wii, so It's OK even if your SD card is gone or something.

Sent from my SM-A908N using Tapatalk

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yep I second first comment.

Firstly, if you do not have a NAND Backup, do it with another SD Card you might have.
That's the most important thing you have to do.

Everything else (apps and games) comes in second place, because those things are files that you can find anywhere on the Internet.

A hint: USB Loader will let you load Emunand and Wii games from USB, whilst Configurable USB Loader will allow you to do the same but using SD Cards if you want to. In my personal opinion, CFG USB Loader is better than USB Loader. But feel free to use whatever you want. Still have in mind that CFG USB Loader will allow you to play your backups from any SD card, even 128GB SD Cards!

Rogerman1233

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I second first comment.

Firstly, if you do not have a NAND Backup, do it with another SD Card you might have.
That's the most important thing you have to do.

Everything else (apps and games) comes in second place, because those things are files that you can find anywhere on the Internet.

A hint: USB Loader will let you load Emunand and Wii games from USB, whilst Configurable USB Loader will allow you to do the same but using SD Cards if you want to. In my personal opinion, CFG USB Loader is better than USB Loader. But feel free to use whatever you want. Still have in mind that CFG USB Loader will allow you to play your backups from any SD card, even 128GB SD Cards!
I actually meant CFG USB loader, but thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...