Hacking Formatting for Emunand help.

ArmoredGuns1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just recently downgraded to 9.2 and I want to install a CFW. I've been following the tutorials, but I am in a sightly different situation. I own around 3 digital games, and I can't access the eshop anymore. Is there anyway to make a new Emunand partition with the Gateway Launcher and not lose my digital games? Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I just recently downgraded to 9.2 and I want to install a CFW. I've been following the tutorials, but I am in a sightly different situation. I own around 3 digital games, and I can't access the eshop anymore. Is there anyway to make a new Emunand partition with the Gateway Launcher and not lose my digital games? Thanks.
When you make an emuNAND, everything from your sysNAND is copied over, including your games.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Does that mean that the GW launcher does not format the SD card when selecting the opcion to format for emunand?
Step 1: backs up your NAND with the backup NAND option in the gateway menu
Step 2: backup your whole SD card and put NAND.bin somewhere really safe
Step 3: Format emuNAND from the gateway menu
Step 4: Copy your backup back to the SD card with the exception of NAND.bin
Step 5: launch Gateway or rxTools or whatever and be in emuNAND, which is now an exact copy of your sysNAND at time of formatting emuNAND.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: ArmoredGuns1

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Does that mean that the GW launcher does not format the SD card when selecting the opcion to format for emunand?
You should copy all contents of your console SD card to your PC then perform "Format EmuNAND". It will basically partition and format your console SD card and copy the sysNAND (which is your internal console memory data) and make an exact copy to your console SD card. After "Format EmuNAND" power it off and put all the stuff back from PC to console SD card.

EDIT: And yes, before performing "Format EmuNAND" select "Backup NAND" from GW menu to make a backup of your sysNAND to console SD card. It will be saved as NAND.bin. Do copy and make several copies of it on your PC for safekeeping.

Last edited by Just3DS,
Reactions: ArmoredGuns1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E