Formatting for Emunand help.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ArmoredGuns1, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ArmoredGuns1
    OP

ArmoredGuns1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2007
    United States
    Hello, I just recently downgraded to 9.2 and I want to install a CFW. I've been following the tutorials, but I am in a sightly different situation. I own around 3 digital games, and I can't access the eshop anymore. Is there anyway to make a new Emunand partition with the Gateway Launcher and not lose my digital games? Thanks.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    When you make an emuNAND, everything from your sysNAND is copied over, including your games.

3. ArmoredGuns1
    OP

ArmoredGuns1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2007
    United States
    Does that mean that the GW launcher does not format the SD card when selecting the opcion to format for emunand?

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Step 1: backs up your NAND with the backup NAND option in the gateway menu
    Step 2: backup your whole SD card and put NAND.bin somewhere really safe
    Step 3: Format emuNAND from the gateway menu
    Step 4: Copy your backup back to the SD card with the exception of NAND.bin
    Step 5: launch Gateway or rxTools or whatever and be in emuNAND, which is now an exact copy of your sysNAND at time of formatting emuNAND.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jan 5, 2016
    ArmoredGuns1 likes this.
  5. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    You should copy all contents of your console SD card to your PC then perform "Format EmuNAND". It will basically partition and format your console SD card and copy the sysNAND (which is your internal console memory data) and make an exact copy to your console SD card. After "Format EmuNAND" power it off and put all the stuff back from PC to console SD card.

EDIT: And yes, before performing "Format EmuNAND" select "Backup NAND" from GW menu to make a backup of your sysNAND to console SD card. It will be saved as NAND.bin. Do copy and make several copies of it on your PC for safekeeping.

Last edited by Just3DS, Jan 5, 2016
    ArmoredGuns1 likes this.