Hacking Forcing 480p

notoxa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.
I'm going to buy a VGA cable for my Wii (so I can hook it up to my monitor). As you probably know, this only supports 480p. However, many Wiiware games and VC titles (and some full Wii games) are in 480i only.
I'm basically wondering which backup loaders (or seperate peices of software) will allow me to force 480p on 480i Wii games - thereby allowing them to work with a VGA cable. I know NeoGamma allows this, do any others?
Also, how would I be able to force 480p on Wiiware? Seeing as those games cannot be run from backup loaders.

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

notoxa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Krestent said:
I think you can force video modes on channels with Gecko OS, and inject Waninkoko's Custom NANDLoader to homebrew channels.
Ok great, so using the Custom NANDLoader I can force 480p on WiiWare and VC? Thanks!
Does anyone know which particular USB loaders will force 480p? Does GX?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I am going to buy a cpomponent cable to get 480p. Will I be able to see 480i aswell on the titles that doesn't support 480p or will I have the same problem as with a VGA cabel?

Thanks

notoxa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
petspeed said:
I am going to buy a cpomponent cable to get 480p. Will I be able to see 480i aswell on the titles that doesn't support 480p or will I have the same problem as with a VGA cabel?

Thanks
Component cables support both video modes, so you're fine (remember Nintendo approves of Component).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.