Not open for further replies.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, if I had known student councils operated at that level of hilarity then I might have had to sit in on one until I got thrown out for giggling.

That said college/university in the US seems like a very odd place compared to what I am used to.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
10858545_1015717155121755_5986161322396749162_n.jpg

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Black people. Black people. Rhodesian. Kill the blacks. Rhodesian. Kill the blacks within the five principles.

And now for something completely different.

A (female) German professor for Biochemistry denied an Indian male an internship because "Indian rape culture":
Unfortunately I don’t accept any Indian male students for internships. We hear a lot about the rape problem in India which I cannot support. I have many female friends in my group, so I think this attitude is something I cannot support
But of course that was all out of context and a misunderstanding and patriarchy n stuff.

At least that's what she claimed after said Indian student posted the email online and the German ambassador to India (male) wrote her an open letter: http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/4475784/Daten/5221636/Letter.pdf

(source: http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/03/09/leipzig-university-apolog_n_6829270.html)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
India has a rape problem = all Indian students are rapists, talk about racism and sweeping generalizations. That's disgusting, after something like this I wouldn't want to be her intern even if she did change her mind, screw that noise. For all intents and purposes, she should lose her job over this - there's no tolerance for racism (and idiotic assumptions).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm aware. The "c***" part is offensive on a whole 'nother level, though. It's like calling a black person a n*****, but with women

That depends where you are in the world. Around here is a fairly mild invective, probably harsher than calling someone a dick but I would happily call my mother a dozy cunt if she dropped something, go to Australia or New Zealand (probably more New Zealand but not by an awful lot) and it means even less and may even be not even be solely a swear. Of course you would appear to be in the US and the subject of your quote would be as well I guess might possibly change things.

Can't say I know what goes in other English speaking countries at this point, save perhaps Canada

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends where you are in the world. Around here is a fairly mild invective, probably harsher than calling someone a dick but I would happily call my mother a dozy cunt if she dropped something, go to Australia or New Zealand (probably more New Zealand but not by an awful lot) and it means even less and may even be not even be solely a swear. Of course you would appear to be in the US and the subject of your quote would be as well I guess might possibly change things.

Can't say I know what goes in other English speaking countries at this point, save perhaps Canada

-snip-

Ah, I see, cultural differences then. Good to know! Yeah, in the US it's considered extremely offensive, like calling a woman a "whore", but worse

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, I would not have placed whore are especially offensive here or in the US, though that may have been modified by listening to rap songs. It must be like the whole oriental thing again; here it is not even able to be used as an offensive term, short of implied racism anyway, where I was told relatively recently is not the best term to use in the US.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I would not have placed whore are especially offensive here or in the US, though that may have been modified by listening to rap songs. It must be like the whole oriental thing again; here it is not even able to be used as an offensive term, short of implied racism anyway, where I was told relatively recently is not the best term to use in the US.
I've honestly never seen whore as that offensive here. Its rather common. Calling someone a cunt is pretty rare here though

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Over here the word "cunt" seems to be analogous to "twat" over there. (the latter means very little, here)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware. The "c***" part is offensive on a whole 'nother level, though. It's like calling a black person a n*****, but with women

Eh, let's not get hasty here. Cunt's an insult more than a term of endearment, but come on.

Besides, there's plenty of guys who can be downright cunts, too. We should be equal-opportunity cunt-callers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade