Homebrew Question Flycast - Frame Stutter (Virtua Tennis 2)

AronR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I absolutely love using Flycast on the Switch. With the latest update, games like Soul Calibur and SA2 run fantastic. But the main game I want to play is Virtua Tennis 2 and I'm getting stuttering issues.

It seems no matter what I try, I'm getting microstutter during the game that can be clearly seen on the tennis ball. Enabling V-sync certainly helped. The CPU and GPU are overclocked to max. I've tried enabling/disabling synchronised rendering, lower resolutions, threaded video, Audio sync...

Can anyone recommend good settings or refresh rate syncing advice to help this game run smoother? Thanks in advance!

butanebob

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It's a frame pacing issue with the emulator unfortunately. It affects all 30FPS games. There's nothing that you can do until it's fixed.

D

Deleted User

I absolutely love using Flycast on the Switch. With the latest update, games like Soul Calibur and SA2 run fantastic. But the main game I want to play is Virtua Tennis 2 and I'm getting stuttering issues.

It seems no matter what I try, I'm getting microstutter during the game that can be clearly seen on the tennis ball. Enabling V-sync certainly helped. The CPU and GPU are overclocked to max. I've tried enabling/disabling synchronised rendering, lower resolutions, threaded video, Audio sync...

Can anyone recommend good settings or refresh rate syncing advice to help this game run smoother? Thanks in advance!

i cannot help you make it work in flycast but do check out the redream emulator in Android. You may not be aware but the switch can run android. I use a pro controller or a ps3 controller. Joycons are still being worked on.

D

Deleted User

isn't VT2 60fps tho? some sources cite it as being a 60fps game.

obviously i prefer redream so I don’t know the flycast performance. But i think you are right. Maybe it is just his flycast settings? I would have to copy it to my sd right now one of reasons i like redream is i can just run off usb. But yeah it’s 60 fps so...i have no idea why but to this day i love virtua tennis and part two very much. You would think i would have moved on. Only thing i like equally is mario tennis and cosmic smash whole reason i tried to help him haha

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember going to a friend's house there was 5 of us there and I had my Dreamcast and a stack of Dreamcast games. These are guys who hate Tennis but I said let's play Virtua Tennis 2, we ended up playing that game only til like 5 am.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyway OP make sure you are using title override (hold R on a Switch title) to get the extra ram, I assume you probably are since you are already overclocking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch