snehne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son dropped his DS (from about 2.5 feet high onto blacktop driveway) ... :-(

Nothing visibly broke, and initially everything worked fine. But then I found that the bottom part of the DS had developed some sort of (very slight) flex -- if slightly twisted one way, the touchscreen becomes garbled, but twisted the other way and everything would be fine. Everything else works fine. Usually it would start in normal working mode, but soe unintentional slight twist (unavoidable when pushing the bottoms) would garble the display, so it is mostly unusable now.

I thought it to be some kind of bad contact, so I opened the case, and (I thought I did) reset/reattach the cables etc. With the case opened I tried it and things seemed fine. Once I screwed the case back together, it went back to its old bipolar mode :-(

Could someone advise me on what likely is the problem and how this can be fixed? I still suppose it is a matter of loose connection/contact, but not knowing how things work under the hood I don't know where to fix ...

Thanks!

Sean

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Might have a small fracture in the case that can't normally be seen unless twisting/warping the case...

You can try a new shell, or replace the screens...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I lost an online friend today who i knew since 2021