Gaming FlashME

sk8mystery23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a DS and DS Lite and a DSiXL, and I use my flashcart mainly on my DS Lite because I mainly use it when I'm on the go.

I got bored and started to look up FlashME because I remember reading about it a long time ago. I see that it can skip the health warning screen and stuff. Are there still risks associated with installing this? Only if I don't jump it correctly?

Opinions please, and mostly just from the people who have actually done it.
biggrin.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No real risks...I mean, as long as you have your charger handy and you have something to short out the SL1...there aren't any risks. The ONLY thing that is bad is if you forget to insulate the thing you are using to short out the circuit because if you forget that, then you will screw yourself over, otherwise it's an easy install.

sk8mystery23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
No real risks...I mean, as long as you have your charger handy and you have something to short out the SL1...there aren't any risks. The ONLY thing that is bad is if you forget to insulate the thing you are using to short out the circuit because if you forget that, then you will screw yourself over, otherwise it's an easy install.

What would you recommend to short it out?

http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/flashme/

Which one would you recommend getting? I don't want it to autoboot. So should I get the "other version no autoboot"?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried a few tools, but this is the only one I got to do it perfectly:
twiztidsinz said:
Materials needed:
  • 1 Tooth Pick
  • 1" square of Aluminum foil
  • Scotch/cello tape
  • Scissors or a razor
Making the tool:[*]Cut the 'cone' part of the toothpick off and make sure it's flat with no splinters.[*]Place the aluminum foil on top of the tooth pick and fold two opposite corners down.[*]Gently twist the aluminum foil so it wraps around the tooth pick.[*]Put a layer or two of the clear tape around the foil, even with the top of the toothpick.
Plan on making two... the first one as a 'trial' that you'll most likely mess up.

Also, I'd suggest the normal version, it doesn't autoboot (I have my DS flashed and it boots to the DS Menu).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sk8mystery23 said:
Which one would you recommend getting? I don't want it to autoboot. So should I get the "other version no autoboot"?
Just getting the normal flashme should remove the warning screen. As for the shorting tool, Twiztidsinz's advice is probably best most convenient, but all you really need is something to bridge the two contacts (I used the screwdriver that I opened the battery compartment as mine, since I was conveniently using a regular screwdriver aka not a phillips head xD)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
sk8mystery23 said:
Just getting the normal flashme should remove the warning screen. As for the shorting tool, Twiztidsinz's advice is probably best most convenient, but all you really need is something to bridge the two contacts (I used the screwdriver that I opened the battery compartment as mine, since I was conveniently using a regular screwdriver aka not a phillips head xD)
I didn't have much luck with my screwdriver...

sk8mystery23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awh yeah, only took me one toothpick and two squares of tin foil.

Well, I officially have FlashME. Now I can get to my games faster!

Edit: Oh! And ofcourse! Thank you both! The help was appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap +1