Not open for further replies.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I can remember about wiifi me, you need a certain wifi adapter installed in the PC to use it. Then it only works on the DS Phat with V1 firmware.

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
WifiMe has never been an option for DS Lite or any DS with V7 firmware.

But still it's pretty fun to download wifi demos from my computer (like having a download station at home)
smile.gif

On a DS with flashme installed, many smaller homebrew applications worked this way too. But all this was probably 1 1/2 year ago....

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Flashed my Ds from v7 to v8 tough i again needed to do the battery side screwdriver thingie but they say its not needed if there already is an Flashme on it, anyway i dont see diffrence between old one but i suppose it works better

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Yeah, I can run my R4 in the recovery mode, but sadly, I can't run FlashME. I hope R4 team will provide a firmware solution to this problem in case anyone bricks their DS.
smile.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys, I hope you can clarify some of my questions please. Now, the new version of FlashMe has come out, as you all know, and well, as I came in late in the homebrew scene, and own a DS-X (but I don't own a Slot-2 device).

Well, I was thinking of flashing my DS, as I want to take off that annoying Health and Safety screen that appears around 10 times a day (I play a lot of DS.
tongue.gif
). Well, I'd like to know if the DS-X is compatible with FlashMe.

Some people say it's pointless if you don't have a Slot 2 device, but I want to get rid of that screen, no more, no less. Is it worth it?

If yes, please give me some tips on what I should do before flashing (I know how to do the process). I own a DS Phat.

I need various opinions, so I'd appreciate if you could give your thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I tried flashing this and it didn't work. I have a Lite with v7 on it and am tried to flash from my R4. It got to 1% and died. So, I've tried START+SELECT and START+SELECT+A+B while turning it on to boot it, but neither works. I just get black screens with the power light being green. Do I have to boot from my Slot-2 device to get it to go into recovery mode or what?

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I tried flashing this and it didn't work. I have a Lite with v7 on it and am tried to flash from my R4. It got to 1% and died. So, I've tried START+SELECT and START+SELECT+A+B while turning it on to boot it, but neither works. I just get black screens with the power light being green. Do I have to boot from my Slot-2 device to get it to go into recovery mode or what?
from what I understand, at 1% then death = Death.
:'(
sorry to hear that

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I tried flashing this and it didn't work. I have a Lite with v7 on it and am tried to flash from my R4. It got to 1% and died. So, I've tried START+SELECT and START+SELECT+A+B while turning it on to boot it, but neither works. I just get black screens with the power light being green. Do I have to boot from my Slot-2 device to get it to go into recovery mode or what?

from what I understand, at 1% then death = Death.
:'(
sorry to hear that
Um, really?
cry.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I did my first flashing experience with my DS-X, and all went OK!
biggrin.gif

No more annoying Health and Safety screen!

nick_stubbings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bobitos, i had a strange experience like this when i flashed a friends DSLite to V7... it got to 1% and died... tried to restart... nothing... but i tried a few times, and i managed to get to the recovery console... thankfully...

Anyway, i reflashed it and it was fine...

just a thought, if you had a GBAMP or M3 etc (SLOT2 - not too sure about SLOT1 devices, as i dont have one), you could try renaming flashme.nds to "_boot_mp.nds" (no quotes)

this might force it to boot flashme directly...

i dont know... just an idea... hope it helps... tell me if it sounds like im teaching people to suck eggs...

just had another thought have you tried to get to the recovery console? hold A+B+X+Y when you startup...

bubblejoe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I just flashed my DSL with 8a, and it shut down during the process (I probably touched this damned screw).
All I have now are two white screens.
The led is blinking when I boot with START+SELECT meaning than the recovery code is properly flashed but I still cant boot on my DSX.
Is there a known problem with DSX and recovery mode? Could I fix my DSL using a slot2 device?

Thanks.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes you can fix your DS using a slot 2 device. Take out the slot 1 card and it should boot slot 2, from which you can begin reflashing

Generally recovery mode with a slot 1 card is buggy or incomplete (only just implemented).

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It should be compatible with all slot 2 cards. Just to be safe, if you can get your hands on an M3/G6/EZF/*other large names* it should be able to boot into recovery.

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you get to the DS menu with Flashme V8a?

Edit: Oh god I just realized this was over a month old haha. Sorry D:. However, I've found a solution to my needs so disregard this.

FOUNTAINEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm about to flash another ds lite. This time going from original firmware to flashme v8a.

I'm trying to understand one thing about the new flashme v8a.

I have a slot-2 m3 adapter and slot-1 cycle evolution. My goal is for the slot-1 to boot first without me having to press or hold any buttons at startup. Also have an option to to boot to slot-2 by holding some buttons.

which flashme should i use.. i think noauto will do what i want but hoping for some clarification for those who have tried either or. what combination buttons do what, including recovery mode?

flashmev8a or flashmev8a_noauto

From what i understand.
flashmev8a will boot to slot 2 autobatically?
flashmev8a_no auto will boot to slot 1 automatically?
by holding a button(s) with either flashme8a will reverse the process and boot to the other slot.

Also is there a noflashmev8 that reverts back to original firmware state and that keeps the picochat colour check?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: