FlashMe v8 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfun9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone anwser the question about download play? Does it work better to ge from unflashed to unflashed or flashed to unflashed?

RexNebular

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The receiving DS should be flashed. That way it should run anything the other DS sends to it. It makes no difference if the sending DS is flashed or not since the signature is only checked by the receiving DS.

alfun9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I know that, but thats not the question. The question is which will provide better results when sending to a unflashed ds?

miikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I know that, but thats not the question. The question is which will provide better results when sending to a unflashed ds?
I've got a couple of dss at home and I'd say that whether or not you ds lite download play is rather hit or miss on the game. The benefit to having a flashed ds is that you'd get a couple more hits than a non-flashed one.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now that I can Recovery Mode with only my Slot-1, I am so psyched! I can't wait to get home from school and flash it (again..).
I feel the only thing that made a Slot-2 worth it was the Recovery Mode with FlashMe, but now its pretty much worthless to me (I was going to buy one, thankfully I stuck with my M3DSSimply) unless I want GBA, which I could care less about (emulators
biggrin.gif
).

So yeah, I'll report if from v8 to v8a if I need to bridge it on my NDS-V2.

I just flashed it on my NDS-v2 which had v8 on it (before the alpha) but I did indeed need to bridge the connection. Unfortunately, the eyeglass screwdriver I used the first time that worked so well is in my teachers desk (it's his), so I resorted to using mine (which failed) and then used a paperclip (which worked). So yea, v8a needs bridging.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know but I think that flashed DS still makes the data signature invalid to non-flashed DS. Could anyone test this one (all my friends that I will see tomorrow have flashed DS).

babelfish

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, so let me make sure I got this right:

No buttons held -> boot to NDS menu, where you can select to run a GBA or NDS game
SELECT held -> Boot slot 2 flashcart into NDS mode

Also, can you enable autoboot for the NDS menu (like you can in the official BIOS), so that:

No buttons held -> load slot 1 flashcart / load NDS game
B button held -> load slot 2 into GBA mode / load GBA game

Thanx for any help guys
smile.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YES. Upgrade to Flashme v8a no-autoboot to make it so that you do not have to hold select to skip the slot-2 autoboot (rather, you do the opposite, hold select to boot into the SC's DS menu). You will also be able to run the recovery console from your slot-1 card alone if you upgrade to 8a.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my lite to v8a stealth (no autoboot). It works like a charm. I had to short the circuit again though. I lost my old faithful flashing tool so I had to make a new one which worked great. Flashing done in 10 seconds.

This version of flashme also fixes the brightness setting on start up. Previously the second the ds lite is turned on it starts up at mid brightness then goes to whatever brightness setting you had. Now it starts up normal by going straight to the brightness setting you have. No one can easily tell it's flashed now. Great stuff, a big thank you to the authors of flashme!

You had better have used the DS Lite flashing tool video that I made for your guide to flashme a while back.
wink.gif

paolo90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I have Flashme v7 on my Lite, but now primarily use my R4, and only use my SC for transferring saves via Rain, is there any point in upgrading to v8?
If you want your SC to be there and want your SLOT-1 to be the first to be booted, this update does it
smile.gif

That's why I re-flashed mine, so that I don't have to press select everytime I want to boot R4 with my SUPERCARD SD in too
smile.gif

Bentso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have Superkey + SC Lite and I still flashed my DS so I could get rid of health & safety screen. Also battery is said to last longer if you don't have to keep Supekey/Passcard in slot-1. Well without Superkey I lose the sleep feature but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Kamakazie

Trophies
Website
www.kamakazie.net
XP
Country
United States
I have Superkey + SC Lite and I still flashed my DS so I could get rid of health & safety screen. Also battery is said to last longer if you don't have to keep Supekey/Passcard in slot-1. Well without Superkey I lose the sleep feature but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

If you stick a normal game into Slot1 you'll regain the sleep ability and you won't have the drain on your battery. I tend to keep Tetris DS in there at all times.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

If you stick a normal game into Slot1 you'll regain the sleep ability and you won't have the drain on your battery. I tend to keep Tetris DS in there at all times.

Or you can buy a cheap dummy card (eWin manufactures them) which can match your DSL color (or black for DSphats)

testicule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
What about the sleep mode issue when booting from SLOT-2 without anything in SLOT-1?

As stated, it has nothing to do with FlashMe. That's a physical issue with the NDS. The DS card is designed to short out a couple of circuits in the DS, allowing sleep mode to activate.

I just updated mine DSPhat from v7 to v8. I did have to short my SL-1 again. Used the autoboot no-stealth version because my warranty is null anyways, plus I use a good old M3 Perfect.

How did you update using M3 ? If I put flashme in my M3 it freezes when browsing the list of game and getting to FlashME.
Where did you put it?

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Just flashed my DS Phat and DS Lite to FlashMe V8a.

My DS Phat (V2 orig.) with FM V7 had to be bridged again. I never had to bridge it earlier when I went from FM V4 -> V7. So maybe it was time to get my recovery code updated
wink.gif

My DS Lite is now flashed with FM V8a (noauto). Only using it with my R4DS anyway.

I used my R4DS Slot-1 cart to flash both my DS and DS Lite.
Earlier I flashed my DS Phat using WifiMe and a Flash Advance Pro cart. But WifiMe isn't possible with the Lite
frown.gif

The reason for flashing my DS Lite was mostly to get rid of the Health screen and to get the recovery code.

My DS Phat will still be my "sandbox" DS where I run ReinMoon to manage saves and try all kinds of homebrew from my SuperCard SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s