Hacking Flashme Question

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
No. When you have a passcard/superkey/passkey2/ect.., the DS is constantly reading the NDS port because the pass device constantly has to redirect all data from the GBA port.
I don't believe that's true. Once the DS has booted into your flashcart menu, you can remove the pass-device and it will continue to load DS games. So it can't be accessing the pass-device all the time. In fact, I've heard people remove the pass-device after booting in order to preserve their battery life.

I realise this is of no interest now to the original poster, who has flashme'd their DS, but I thought I should comment on this for the benefit of future searchers who find this thread.

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
But if I remove it, I can't have sleep mode though.

Since I have a Metroid demo game in the DS slot right now, will it still drain battery life? Or not as much as before when I had the EZPass in there?

G3_Teg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yee, i think he meant for people who are using the ezpass3/supercard/passcard3.

i'm curious about this battery life issue too. on an unflashed ndsl, running a legit game, i can get up to about 12 hours before needing a charge.

anyone run tests on when you have a flashed ndsl and a ndsl running on a passme card? i want to take the latter route, but am concerned about battery life.

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone please answer this question?

I had an EZPass3 + EZ4Lite in my DS Phat. Now that I flashed it with Flashme Stealth v7, how much more battery life should I get out of my DS?

There is also the Metroid Demo in the DS slot so I can use sleep mode, how would that effect battery life if it wasn't in there?

mysterjinx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about everyone else, but I've used Flashme Stealth on my dsl and I have noticed a markedly lower battery life. With my usage, pre-flashme I usually have to recharge it once a week. After using flashme stealth, I need to charge it every 3 days. Of course, I have Brain Age in the ds slot for sleep mode, but I leave my sclite in my gba slot when I put it to sleep

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about everyone else, but I've used Flashme Stealth on my dsl and I have noticed a markedly lower battery life. With my usage, pre-flashme I usually have to recharge it once a week. After using flashme stealth, I need to charge it every 3 days. Of course, I have Brain Age in the ds slot for sleep mode, but I leave my sclite in my gba slot when I put it to sleep

Did you only start using the supercard after you'd flashed. You didn't mention using a passme previously so I'm guessing it's the supercard which is now using more battery life. If you were using a passme in conjunction with the supercard you'd be draining even more juice, which is why flashme uses less juice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted +1