Hacking FlashMe/PassMe + Battery Life

nexx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a simple question here. Im currently using a superkey in my DSL with a EZ4L and on the highest brightness setting am getting about 3 hours battery life or something. Would flashing it have any influence on battery life and if so is it much?

Thanks.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm... This should go in a FAQ but, yes, keeping the DS card slot free of any passkey cards or games will give you an extra 1-2 hours of battery power. The main power hog seems to be the flashcarts themselves.

I was looking around for a bigger third party battery too so, let me know how it goes! The current DSL battery gives me an extra 3 hours or so of battery life than my original at the second lowest brightness so, this should give another 6-9 hours for me if it's good
biggrin.gif

I don't see why you need to play at the highest brightness, though. You play under the sun or something?
huh.gif

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it didn't blow up, but I think something is wrong with it or it's bogus. The first time I charged up the 1600mAH battery it only charged for about an hour and a half - it didn't really worry me cause I assumed it already had a partial charge. I played my DSL for maybe 4 hours (off and on) and red light... The DSL shut down about 30 minutes later while playing... I charged the battery and again it only charged for about an hour and a half... I unpluged it and repluged it and it stopped charging after a minute, so it must be full?

Anyhow, you're not supposed to get optimal use of a lion battery till you charge/discharge it 3 or so times, but it shouldn't be this bad. I iether have a defective one or it's junk. My original battery lasts way longer. I'm gonna proceed with a return/exchange and try another battery. I'm also gonna mail the manufacturer and see what they say.

I'll let you guys know and for now I put back in my original battery...

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
note on the battery it says for use with consoles USG-001

UK DS Lites are USG-003

and i don't know what canadian DS Lites are maybe that's the problem

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it didn't blow up, but I think something is wrong with it or it's bogus. The first time I charged up the 1600mAH battery it only charged for about an hour and a half - it didn't really worry me cause I assumed it already had a partial charge. I played my DSL for maybe 4 hours (off and on) and red light... The DSL shut down about 30 minutes later while playing... I charged the battery and again it only charged for about an hour and a half... I unpluged it and repluged it and it stopped charging after a minute, so it must be full?

Anyhow, you're not supposed to get optimal use of a lion battery till you charge/discharge it 3 or so times, but it shouldn't be this bad. I iether have a defective one or it's junk. My original battery lasts way longer. I'm gonna proceed with a return/exchange and try another battery. I'm also gonna mail the manufacturer and see what they say.

I'll let you guys know and for now I put back in my original battery...

Keep us informed.
I'm very interested in an Extended Battery for my NDSL.
unsure.gif

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
note on the battery it says for use with consoles USG-001

UK DS Lites are USG-003

and i don't know what canadian DS Lites are maybe that's the problem

Isn't the USG just a prefix for parts on the DS Lite not systems (NTR was for the original DS)?

USG-001 DS Lite console
USG-002 power adapter (china/usa)
USG-003 battery
USG-004 stylus
USG-005 game pak slot cover
USG-006 rumble pak

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no on my battery it says only for use with USG-003 consoles but on the ebay pic it says only for use with USG-001 consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1