Hacking "flashing" one wii to another Possible?

tobenary

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.
Recently, I managed to install some applications+Neogamma+Usbloader GX on a WII 4.2U.

If I'll run BOOTmii and I'll do a Flash to SD card.
Will I be able to flash another 4.2E with all the programs installed on it?

Thanks for your answers

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
tobenary said:
Hi all.
Recently, I managed to install some applications+Neogamma+Usbloader GX on a WII 4.2U.

If I'll run BOOTmii and I'll do a Flash to SD card.
Will I be able to flash another 4.2E with all the programs installed on it?

Thanks for your answers
Yes you can, as long as you have a way to flash to the other 4.2E and have the keys of that Wii. You will have to do a conversion of the NAND dump from the original Wii to the 4.2E Wii, and Im not sure how well that will go with an U --> E model. That is however NOT what you are looking for I think
tongue.gif
. As pepxl why not simply use apps installed on SD? You would ofcourse still need the HB channel on the 4.2E Wii (or a way to boot it).

tobenary

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd tried to work with this tutorial:
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...ny-4-2-wii.html

but something went wrong ( wii is still working of course )
But I only succes to play original discs but not backuped ones.
Also, trying to play NTSC on PAL isnt possible via Neogamma.

therefore the question came up.

I got stucked in his part:
QUOTE said:
Step 6 - Install and Patch A Few More IOS

a) Load up homebrew, then load up DOP-Mii. Load IOS36 or IOS249, select IOS menu, Navigate to IOS53, press + to install and say yes for Sig Hash Check (Trucha Bug) but say NO to the other patches. Do the same for IOS55. Next press home to return to homebrew channel.
Offline Method for Step 6 part A: Download and unzip this pack, place the two wad files you get into the wad folder on your SD Card. Load WAD Manager, load iOS249, SD Slot and disable NAND Emulation. Navigate to the wad folder, highlight iOS53-v5406 [TB].wad, press A and install. Do the same for iOS55-v5406 [TB].wad

b) Load up homebrew channel once more, then load up WAD Manager. Load IOS249, SD Slot and NAND Emulation: Disabled, navigate to the wad folder, highlight IOS60patched.wad and press A. Make sure action is set to install and Install the wad. After a successful install, Press Home to go back to homebrew channel.
NOTE: Users changed who had a Korean Wii region changed to a USA/Eur/Jap Wii, Do NOT Install iOS70patched! Skip below step of c.
c) Do the same for IOS70patched.wad. Make Sure the action is Set to INSTALL!

Step 7 - Installing Priiloader (Brick Protection and System Hacks)
Before continuing, download your hacks.ini file from here, unzip it and place the hacks.ini onto the root of your SD Card.

a) Load Homebrew Channel and run Priiloader v0.3b (rev48) installer.

b) Press + on the wiimote to install.

c) Your wii should reboot into Priiloader after the installation (If it doesn't, power off your Wii and hold reset on the console while turning it on). Go to System Menu Hacks and enable 'Skip Disc update Checking' and any other hacks you would like, select 'Save Settings' when finish. Press B on the wiimote to go back to the main menu, next go to Settings and use the d-pad to set Autoboot: System Menu. Then select Save Settings. Press B to go back to the main menu. If you get any problems, look here

d) In the main menu, select homebrew channel to load the homebrew channel and proceed with Step 8.

Step 8 - Backup Launchers

a) Load WAD Manager from Homebrew Channel, navigate into the wad folder and highlight either USB_Loader_GX_r907.wad or Neogamma_r8b7.wad. (Neogamma for Disc loading and USB Loader for USB HDD loading.)

b) Press A on the wiimote and set action to Install WAD. Give it time to install with no errors.

c) Press Home on the wiimote to exit. You are all ready to enjoy your wii.

i got (ret = -1029)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gameking66 said:
The hardware for all Wii's except Korean are exactly the same.

Korean Wii's just have kkey.bin as well as key.bin.

The korean key is stored in hardware that exists on all Wii's. You "just" need to write to it, to convert back and forth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer