Flashcarts work straight off with NA 3DS

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcarts do work on the NA 3DS. I was at a demo event at my nearby shopping center to see a huge crowd frolicking in the middle. Turns out they're playing with 3DS consoles.
smile.gif
I had my dad keep the Nintendo girl's back turned while I sneakily stuffed my SCDS2 into the thing. It runs. Nuff said.
biggrin.gif
I cut it really close though!
smile.gif

Source- myself.

PokemonV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We do not know if there will be a firmware update in the future that will stop function-ability of flash carts.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4picsoritdidn'thappen

On a more serious note, I'm not surprised since we knew that it worked on European 3DS's. Still glad to hear it.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
Flashcarts do work on the NA 3DS. I was at a demo event at my nearby shopping center to see a huge crowd frolicking in the middle. Turns out they're playing with 3DS consoles.
smile.gif
I had my dad keep the Nintendo girl's back turned while I sneakily stuffed my SCDS2 into the thing. It runs. Nuff said.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Source- myself.
man I just had a Freudian misreading.

On topic... Well DSi XL didn't have any additional AP either.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS flash carts likely wont exist, due to the carts new level of antipiracy, and because the 3DS can update its firmware, newer and better anti-piracy measures can be made. the original DS Only had to work with was was available at launch. We will need to wait untill Modded firmware comes that allows us to run unsigned roms, and then it will likely be ran from the MicroSD Slot. ^^ atleast i hope. Its more likely the 3DS wont be modded for 2 years or so. heart breaking stuff. THIS is what that bounty money needs to go to, not DS/Wii homebrew, but cracking open the 3DS.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Source- myself.
wait, where in the US?

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bunie said:
3DS flash carts likely wont exist, due to the carts new level of antipiracy, and because the 3DS can update its firmware, newer and better anti-piracy measures can be made. the original DS Only had to work with was was available at launch. We will need to wait untill Modded firmware comes that allows us to run unsigned roms, and then it will likely be ran from the MicroSD Slot. ^^ atleast i hope. Its more likely the 3DS wont be modded for 2 years or so. heart breaking stuff. THIS is what that bounty money needs to go to, not DS/Wii homebrew, but cracking open the 3DS.
Surely someone could, oh I don't know, not update? Not being able to pirate games is heart breaking stuff to you? Seriously?!

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they work. They work in Japanese models so obviously they'll work in NA models as well. There is little or no difference between the two. (Aside from region locking BS.)

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, it seems to be confirmed. A NA friend of me was at some event, tried it also with some SCDS2. It seems to work, but I live in Europe. And since that news of 'internal logs which games/flashcards are played, can make your 3DS unusable', I don't think I will use any flashcard until it's safe.

D

Deleted User

So, do Ninty actually give a fuck? Probably, but I'm surprised at their lack of AP. Is this because they understand that everything will be hacked sometime?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc