Hacking Flashcart Suggestions for N3DS (DS & 3DS Games)

flashcrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a word of warning. I found the average game to be about 1gb (I stored 67 games on one 64gb micro sd). Had to trim some of the big ones though

Also Sky (blue button has a 31 or 32 game limit)

Thanks. Yeah if I can get a Gateway 3DS, I'll just get a 128 GB SD or something like that. I heard you need a SD for the NAND stuff, so I'll get a smaller one for that.

Now just need to find a way to play DS games and GBA games :)

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Yeah if I can get a Gateway 3DS, I'll just get a 128 GB SD or something like that. I heard you need a SD for the NAND stuff, so I'll get a smaller one for that.

Now just need to find a way to play DS games and GBA games :)
As others have said before, you can't go wrong with the Supercard DSTWO for a DS flashcard. It supports only up to SDHC, so you're limited to a 32 GB size cap. I've got a couple hundred DS/GBA games on my DSTWO, so the 32 GB limit isn't as bad as it seems.

flashcrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said before, you can't go wrong with the Supercard DSTWO for a DS flashcard. It supports only up to SDHC, so you're limited to a 32 GB size cap. I've got a couple hundred DS/GBA games on my DSTWO, so the 32 GB limit isn't as bad as it seems.

Do you know of any place that has the Supercard in stock (checked shoptemp, saw nothing) and/or an alternative that will work on my 9.0 system version? Thanks!

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dstwo has been discontinued. i dont think its in stock anywhere. a new version is supposedly coming out

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have some patience, you may be happier in the long run with Gateway. If you want to play 3DS roms right away on your N3DS, Sky will get you there. With Sky, people usually end up updating sysnand to the current version and this will remove any options for other cards.

If you want to play some DS, GB, GBC, NES etc games on your N3DS while you wait on the much anticipated Gateway update, the R4 3DS RTS card is a good buy. ( From one of the GBATemp sponsored links of course.)

Edit: in the meantime, I'd keep the thing off the Internet while you decide.

flashcrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have some patience, you may be happier in the long run with Gateway. If you want to play 3DS roms right away on your N3DS, Sky will get you there. With Sky, people usually end up updating sysnand to the current version and this will remove any options for other cards.

If you want to play some DS, GB, GBC, NES etc games on your N3DS while you wait on the much anticipated Gateway update, the R4 3DS RTS card is a good buy. ( From one of the GBATemp sponsored links of course.)

Edit: in the meantime, I'd keep the thing off the Internet while you decide.

So even though my system is 9.0, I won't be able to use the Gateway on it because it's a N3DS?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even though my system is 9.0, I won't be able to use the Gateway on it because it's a N3DS?

Yes and no. As of now, immediately, there is no support. However support is coming soon so if you're patient you can just wait it out. Some people say it's never going to happen, but they already delivered on their promise for 9.2 support and it works just fine on all 3DS versions 9.2 and below, just not on N3DS yet.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes and no. As of now, immediately, there is no support. However support is coming soon so if you're patient you can just wait it out. Some people say it's never going to happen, but they already delivered on their promise for 9.2 support and it works just fine on all 3DS versions 9.2 and below, just not on N3DS yet.

over 1000 pages of beltching and hype, the update when it came was damn EPIC. Well worth the wait.

Gateway's rumour control and PR are beyond dismal, no one can argue there. But they have not let us down yet.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Given how many people are likely to have gone out and bought a n3ds last week I'm surprised there's no relevant sticky here

flashcrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given how many people are likely to have gone out and bought a n3ds last week I'm surprised there's no relevant sticky here

Yeah. I mean I was thinking I could just go and get a Gateway and run it on my system since it's 9.0, but now I'm not sure again :D Like does "lack of support" for N3DS mean it won't work at all, or that it will have problems?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I mean I was thinking I could just go and get a Gateway and run it on my system since it's 9.0, but now I'm not sure again Like does "lack of support" for N3DS mean it won't work at all, or that it will have problems?
It needs to be made clear in a sticky which would read something like this:

New Nintendo 3DS :

3DS flash cards
* Gateway 3DS - DOES NOT WORK
* Sky3DS - support firmware 8.1 to 9.5
* MT Card - DOES NOT WORK

DS flash cards
* R4
* DSTWO

Original Nintendo 3DS:

3DS flash cards
*Gateway 3DS - support firmware 4.x to 9.2 (can emulate nand up to 9.5, this does not mean it will work on systems with firmware above 9.2)
*Sky3DS - support for firmware up to 9.5
*MT Card - **********

DS flash cards
* R4
* DSTWO

something like that, plain and simple so anyone can just look at it and decide what they need to buy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."?