Hacking Flashcard not displaying games

SerTatealot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I recently got a R4i gold pro flashcart for my new 3ds xl to play NDS games on but i've had little success on getting games to actually work.

Sometimes the games are playable like MS7 in the picture, but the rest all just have the R4 logo next to them and can't play. I can confirm that its not the ROMs because the flashcart seemingly randomly chooses which games it lets to be playable every time I try and do a fresh reinstall of everything.

Just to get these out of the way
1) I have formatted the micro sd to fat32 and it for the most part works as intended as when games DO run, they run fine
2) I have the correct firmware and the latest version of it from r4isdhc
3) YSmenu also has the same issues (and also different ones, mainly being TTsmenu errors because it doesnt want to make saves)

So is there something I can do to fix it or did i just strike out with a faulty cart?

Attachments

• 3ds.jpg
    3ds.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 181

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a R4i gold pro flashcart for my new 3ds xl to play NDS games on but i've had little success on getting games to actually work.

Sometimes the games are playable like MS7 in the picture, but the rest all just have the R4 logo next to them and can't play. I can confirm that its not the ROMs because the flashcart seemingly randomly chooses which games it lets to be playable every time I try and do a fresh reinstall of everything.

Just to get these out of the way
1) I have formatted the micro sd to fat32 and it for the most part works as intended as when games DO run, they run fine
2) I have the correct firmware and the latest version of it from r4isdhc
3) YSmenu also has the same issues (and also different ones, mainly being TTsmenu errors because it doesnt want to make saves)

So is there something I can do to fix it or did i just strike out with a faulty cart?
Strike out with a shitty Chinese clone and get one that won't have these problems

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

SerTatealot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
thanks for the quick response. I was considering getting the gold plus since ive heard praise about it everywhere (sadly after i bought the chinese knockoff but it was cheap so whatever i got what i paid for i guess) but i was wondering if there were any potential fixes for my current card so i dont have to sink in $20+ to get a different one

Last edited by SerTatealot,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SerTatealot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello to anyone who see's this and might be having a similar issue
Just got a new cheapo flashcart (R4i revolution gold pro) and a new SD card

The issue was with the SD card. I tested the old one and new one with h2testw to see if anything was up with the storage, and the old one was mostly corrupted and could only store around 200mb, which is why the flashcart could only load 2-3 games, which happened to be the first ones I transferred onto it after formatting. The new SD card is working fine and after popping it into the flashcart with all the games installed, all of them work and play flawlessly

Takeaway: be careful when getting cheaper flashcarts as they may be faulty, but be sure to check the SD card too before you rush off to get another cart :)

Just to clarify, both the stock kernel and YSmenu both work on the cheapo cart separately or in dual boot and games run just as well on both

Last edited by SerTatealot,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge