1. SerTatealot

OP SerTatealot Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    I recently got a R4i gold pro flashcart for my new 3ds xl to play NDS games on but i've had little success on getting games to actually work.

Sometimes the games are playable like MS7 in the picture, but the rest all just have the R4 logo next to them and can't play. I can confirm that its not the ROMs because the flashcart seemingly randomly chooses which games it lets to be playable every time I try and do a fresh reinstall of everything.

Just to get these out of the way
    1) I have formatted the micro sd to fat32 and it for the most part works as intended as when games DO run, they run fine
    2) I have the correct firmware and the latest version of it from r4isdhc
    3) YSmenu also has the same issues (and also different ones, mainly being TTsmenu errors because it doesnt want to make saves)

So is there something I can do to fix it or did i just strike out with a faulty cart?

Attached Files:

• 3ds.jpg
      3ds.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Strike out with a shitty Chinese clone and get one that won't have these problems

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

3. SerTatealot

OP SerTatealot Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    thanks for the quick response. I was considering getting the gold plus since ive heard praise about it everywhere (sadly after i bought the chinese knockoff but it was cheap so whatever i got what i paid for i guess) but i was wondering if there were any potential fixes for my current card so i dont have to sink in $20+ to get a different one

Last edited by SerTatealot, Jun 3, 2020
  4. TurdPooCharger

United States
    KleinesSinchen and alexander1970 like this.
  5. SerTatealot

OP SerTatealot Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    You were right, the micro SD was faulty. I'm gonna order a new one (phone shops closed down) and see if that was the cause of the issue and update the thread in case anybody else has a similar issue to me

6. SerTatealot

OP SerTatealot Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    Hello to anyone who see's this and might be having a similar issue
    Just got a new cheapo flashcart (R4i revolution gold pro) and a new SD card

The issue was with the SD card. I tested the old one and new one with h2testw to see if anything was up with the storage, and the old one was mostly corrupted and could only store around 200mb, which is why the flashcart could only load 2-3 games, which happened to be the first ones I transferred onto it after formatting. The new SD card is working fine and after popping it into the flashcart with all the games installed, all of them work and play flawlessly

Takeaway: be careful when getting cheaper flashcarts as they may be faulty, but be sure to check the SD card too before you rush off to get another cart :)

Just to clarify, both the stock kernel and YSmenu both work on the cheapo cart separately or in dual boot and games run just as well on both

Last edited by SerTatealot, Jun 14, 2020
    TurdPooCharger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - displaying, Flashcard, games