Hacking Flash?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I just ask, shouldn't it be possible to run some sort of flash on the DS? I think I read somewhere it didn't have enough power, but surely it could at east run a watered down version? If my friends MP3 player can run flash it must be possible.
tongue.gif
Or is the problem porting it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A thing to remember is a lot of this phones/music players have fairly high speed/power processors (200MHz was broken several years ago) and a good chunk of memory, both of which the DS is lacking in.

I am sure it could run a watered down version though it is just that nobody has picked it up and ran with it past the proof of concept stage linked above.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That app is from February 2006, well before the introduction of DLDI. You have to pack the flash file into the .nds file.

QUOTE said:
To compile your own video into this, simply grab your swf movie, rename it to swf.bin, and copy it into the arm9/data/ folder, then compile.

You'll need DSLazy or something like that to un/repack the .nds file.

zeppo

change my avatar!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, I think I've got it. lemme try it out, then I'll post back.

edit: WHAT THE FUCK?! this thing is really weird. anyone understand it?

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dpg can't convert flv, can it?

edit: besides, mine contain buttons.

SUPER can convert between DPG and FLV.
You could use another program to convert the FLV first and then convert it to DPG from there.

If your's has buttons, you could just capture a video of your flash movie. Just use Fraps or a similar program. (Fraps makes an ugly watermark but if you want you can just get the paid-for version *cough*throughothermeans*cough*)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny