Flash Carts Build Quality?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mrSmiles, Sep 18, 2008.

Sep 18, 2008

Flash Carts Build Quality? by mrSmiles at 3:15 PM (1,213 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. mrSmiles
    OP

Member mrSmiles mrSmiles {^_^}

Canada
    Well i'm looking into purchasing a second flash cart for my NDS Lite as a back-up for my CycloDS and i'm wondering which cart(s) have a good build quality or which cart(s) is likely to last the longest, I've been reading reviews/posts on the different carts but some may say they are built well while others i read say the quality isn't great or is worse then other carts, which has made me unsure.

I was looking at the Supercard DS One v3 but still i'm unsure about build quality.

Any help would be great.

2. mrSmiles
    OP

Canada
    delete thread pls.
    seems no one cares.

3. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    You need to wait for more than a few hours for replies...

You shouldn't need to worry about build quality as unless you deliberately break it your cart will outlast the DS.

4. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe you might buy a supercard which has the capabilities of your cyclods card. Or if you want a cheap basic back-up card you might try the m3real or the dstt.

5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    ?!?!?!
    M3 Real is far from cheap basic back up cart!!
    IT's GBA compatibility is the highest you can get, with it being the only cart that has GBA cheats and GBA Real Time Save..If you use Sakura firmware, you get fastest and best GUI currently on the scene, it's the only firmware with the built in multimedia support (of the latest upgrades)..It has a better DPG player than last version of the moonshell, because Moonlight, creator of the Moonshell actually worked with M3 Team on development of Sakura..
    I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy, but point out some facts...

M3 Real isn't cheap basic back up cart for sure! and it's announced to get the Real Time Save for NDS games soon)

6. mrSmiles
    OP

Canada
    lol i know >.<

another question is it worth getting the ezflash 3in1 for only the browser?

7. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    In my opinion, no. The browser is really slow, hard to navigate, and the screen just isn't big enough for web pages. Also, a lot of pictures and complicated things are deleted, giving you manly text. Get it if you want GBA or rumble, but for the browser it's just a waste of money.

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    What about the M3 Perfect and slot-2 Supercard? If you're talking about just slot-2 expansion packs then you're right, but if you expand it to slot-2 devices in general, there's more than just one with cheats and RTS support.

9. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Also, the EZ-V and 3-in-1 has cheats, but no RTS.

Hahahahaha.

10. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I WAS talking about expansions only [​IMG]..

I own M3 Lite Perfect, so I know it's features..I was merely pointing out why is M3 Real much more than just cheap basic back up cart..
    Plus it's not cheap at all....it has middle price range..If bought in a Perfect bundle it costs about the same as CycloDS does..