Flash Cards and airports

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by AnonymousPal, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008

Flash Cards and airports by AnonymousPal at 1:42 PM (1,034 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. AnonymousPal
    OP

Newcomer AnonymousPal Newbie

United States
    I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this and along with that I'm probably just being very paranoid but I'm currently living in South Korea and will be heading home for the holidays to the US. I have bought a bunch of r4 cards for christmas presents will I have any troubles bringing those through airport security in my carry on bag? If so would it be better to put them in my checked luggage? Thanks so much in advance. And you all have a wonderful holiday.

2. skyman747

Member skyman747 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't think there would be any problem bringing them carry-on. I have brought my DS on lots of times, and thats really all those will look like to them.

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I had no problem from the US to Jamaica. They dont look really.

I bought back a Machete [​IMG]

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    No problems at all, I've flown both to USA and Japan with my flash cards and no one cares at all.

5. tyuno123

Member tyuno123 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    Posts merged

I have brought it along for flights but if you're bringing a bunch then I'm not sure

6. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Yeah. How many is this "bunch"? If it's like a hundred then you're gonna have problems if Customs stops you.

7. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I had 3 flash cards with me the last time, but by a bunch I guess he means 10+

8. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Well, if it's around 10 there's no problem since you can say they are gifts. If it's a lot than that you would have a hard time convincing Customs that you're not bringing them in to sell. US Customs are pretty strict from what I heard. They have the rights to crowbar your checked luggage if it's locked.

Also, why R4s? *facepalm*

9. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Carry on-bags are scanned for liquids and weapons. They don't care about video games (unless there's a bomb in them), and they won't even be able to distinguish between flash cards from real games.