Hacking Flash card advice for a semi n00b

fadeetoblackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a m3i zero that my wonderful girlfriend got me. I asked for it because I saw my friend had one and I thought that looks awesome. About a year later im realizing how many crazy options I have. I want to upgrade and I want to know what is the best option, price not being a factor. I have a Dsi and I am highly interested in playing gba roms on it. I did my research and from all the cards I looked at supercard seemed to be the best all around. Can anyone give me the positive/negative on it. I am also slightly interested in homebrew and the super smash brothers games seem to not work on the m3. Im starting to think it is a piece of crap haha. I also read that the CycloDS iEvo is also up there with the supercard. Any sort of brief description would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Awesomeslayerg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0shippingzone.com most people are ordering from... its cheap there i ordered my acekard on the 3rd and still waiting they sent me the picture of my parcel the next day
biggrin.gif

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fadeetoblackk said:
Okay so I have a m3i zero that my wonderful girlfriend got me. I asked for it because I saw my friend had one and I thought that looks awesome. About a year later im realizing how many crazy options I have. I want to upgrade and I want to know what is the best option, price not being a factor. I have a Dsi and I am highly interested in playing gba roms on it. I did my research and from all the cards I looked at supercard seemed to be the best all around. Can anyone give me the positive/negative on it. I am also slightly interested in homebrew and the super smash brothers games seem to not work on the m3. Im starting to think it is a piece of crap haha. I also read that the CycloDS iEvo is also up there with the supercard. Any sort of brief description would be really appreciated. Thanks!
The only cart that would allow you to emulate GBA is the DSTWO. The iEvo cannot do that, at least not yet. And I think the emulation on the DSTWO would be better anyway.
The M3i Zero is a piece of crap, I think everyone agrees on that. For the best compatibility with ROMs and Homebrew, I would recommend the DSTWO. It has great compatibility, nice features and emulates SNES and GBA. The emulation is far from perfect, sometimes it's unbearable. But it's the best you can get. The iEvo hasn't really shown anything impressive as of yet, but you may want to wait and see. Just in case.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard Pros:
Plays most GBA Games
Plays SNES Games
Plays a HELL of a lotta movie formats without converting to dpg e_e
Plays doom
Compatible with 3DS
Frequent updates
CPU that automatically patches anti Piracy
In game menu that allows you to make your own cheat codes/read .txt file game guides/slow down the game speed. (one of the best features of the cart in my opinion)
Can be updated to support dsi mode
Solid Build Quality (wont break)
MS-DOS Emulator (Yes... It runs windows... a very old version of windows but windows)

Cons:
Kills your battery like crazy (This will prevent that problem)
Doesnt play ALL GBA games
Bottom screen doesnt show retail cart game name only file name (top screen does however)
Doesnt fit perfectly with DSi (because of added cpu) it wont break but its a snug fit
Hasnt been updated to support dsi mode

CycloDS iEvo Pros:
Has DSi mode
Can boot in both ds/dsi mode
Only "LEGAL" flashkart (it isnt flashed when shipped) so it technically is legal until you flash it
Might work on 3DS (as its new)

CycloDS iEvo Cons:
ONLY 3ISH GAMES WORK IN DSI MODE AND THEY NEED TO BE DUMPED CORRECTLY e_e
You need to find a clean rom of "My Cooking Coach" that is dumped PERFECTLY
Fails at playing DS games
Doesnt support GBA games
Ridiculously over priced
TERRIBLE BUILD QUALITY
"Region Locked" Atm

In other words DStwo is much better because it has the built in CPU Cyclo is gimmicky and a waste of money

fadeetoblackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yes dstwo was the one i was looking into. How bad is the emulation on snes and gba. Can it only handle rpgs or does it depend on the rom?

oh and thanks for the ordering site =D

fadeetoblackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster thanks for the details.

elvarg thanks that chart is excellent. I am going to get the dstwo then. I can deal with the battery issue. And if the battery is getting wrecked that hard I can always break out the old m3 for simple gaming. Do you think the dstwo support team is going to be able to make it work on the 3ds. I was so worried 3ds was going to have hardcore security but it is already getting wrecked haha

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fadeetoblackk said:
sergster thanks for the details.

elvarg thanks that chart is excellent. I am going to get the dstwo then. I can deal with the battery issue. And if the battery is getting wrecked that hard I can always break out the old m3 for simple gaming. Do you think the dstwo support team is going to be able to make it work on the 3ds. I was so worried 3ds was going to have hardcore security but it is already getting wrecked haha

Check my edits and it DOES work on the 3DS in DS mode

fadeetoblackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so new to forums I do not even know how to do that haha, is that just viewing where you have posted? And in that case it is a done deal, I am going to buy one of those next time I have extra money. (never)
angry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff