Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've found a iPod Touch 3nd Generation 8GB for $40 but it has a broken screen. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, but I wanted to hear what Tempers think about the deal.

How easy/cheap is it to fix?

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice.
smileipb2.png

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What's Apple Canada's email for RMA? I can't find it anywhere and I don't want to talk to them on the phone.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
WTH would they replace a broken screen for FREE!? I'm sure they'd do it, but for a price. Don't expect them to replace it for free, but for fee.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
david432111 said:
WTH would they replace a broken screen for FREE!? I'm sure they'd do it, but for a price. Don't expect them to replace it for free, but for fee.
Well, I've already shipped it to them so I'm hoping for the best.
tongue.gif
It turns out the screen itself is working, but the glass was cracked. So it isn't a broken screen, more like a broke touch sensor.

Who thinks they'll do it for free?

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't unless it's still under warranty and you have proof of purchase (original receipt). It's bloody difficult to do yourself.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mcp2 said:
I don't unless it's still under warranty and you have proof of purchase (original receipt). It's bloody difficult to do yourself.
It's still under warranty and they didn't ask for the receipt. So far I haven't heard back, but it's only been a day since I shipped it.

Since I'm already here I might as well ask, is there any app like LimeWire (for downloading music) that allows me to leech (downloading music in Canada is legal, but uploading is illegal)?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Torrents for you music downloading needs that's what I use and a youtube to mp3 converter. And of course a 3gen ipod touch is still under warranty it came out a few months ago. Oh and that's a great price $70 would've been great it's less than half the full price at $40 I would've felt bad that I was ripping him of.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IchigoSJ said:
Torrents for you music downloading needs that's what I use and a youtube to mp3 converter. And of course a 3gen ipod touch is still under warranty it came out a few months ago. Oh and that's a great price $70 would've been great it's less than half the full price at $40 I would've felt bad that I was ripping him of.
Torrenting music in Canada is illegal, and it's so easy to stay legal here I don't feel like breaking any rulez. I can already download it from my computer, but that would mean I'd have to get up and go over to my computer.
frown.gif

Well, I forgot that it's just a 2rd gen, since there was no 3rd gen 8GB iPod Touch, only 32GB and 64GB.

lol, I don't think of it being a rip-off, I think of it as a good deal.
tongue.gif
I'm not losing any sleep over it that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.