Hacking Fixing eShop on region changed 3ds?

Rhymekaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ayy.. So.

I have a single Japanese emuNand and the eshop does not work.. I can't download updates for anything. It's a region changed, formatted emuNand and I have never had an NNID associated with it.

The error I get launching eShop is 007-2001.

The error I get trying to download the update for Fates from homescreen is: 009-1003.

Again, never had an NNID linked to this system, so the guides saying it's NNID related and I need to glitch it with 3 SD cards don't apply here.. I don't think?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Just try the 3 sd card trick. I had a similar problem not long ago. I made a US emuNAND but then I couldn't access eShop from sysNAND. I did the 3 sd card trick by treating my sysNAND as the SD cards.

It was more or less trial and error. I fixed my sysNAND in the end. Never gonna do it again :P

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old or New?
Old, try the card trick just in case.
New, basically stuck unless you have YifanLu level knowledge as foreign region titles are automatically applied to the account pretty much without fail thus preventing the use of another shop properly.

Though with an EmuNAND I must question why you really want to use the shop. CIAs exist of everything.

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
CIAs exist of everything.
But CIA for Fire Emblem If patches still not up on that iso site. The patches were put on the eShop for about 20 hours ago. I've submitted a post for that patches but it's not there because of dumb approval system.

Edit: Now the patches are up.

Last edited by RainThunder,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem as well. Can't get into the eShop on my region-changed EmuNAND.

I've tried the 3 SD card trick plenty of times already and still getting the same error code in the end (005-5602).

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem as well. Can't get into the eShop on my region-changed EmuNAND.

I've tried the 3 SD card trick plenty of times already and still getting the same error code in the end (005-5602).
Well, if you have a N3DS, I'm pretty sure you're out of luck, unless there's a way to fix that. I'll look into it.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
they say the 3 sd card swap trick won't work on 3ds unit with preinstalled games.... so 3ds bundles are probably out of luck for now in accessing eshop when region changed

Rhymekaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a plain black old 3ds, not new. I downgraded through Gateway to 4.x so I can't even set up NNID on it. I have 3 SD cards but I'd prefer to not need to do this exploit every time I want to get on the eShop for a different region, making my 3 SD cards usable only for switching regions..

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
It's a plain black old 3ds, not new. I downgraded through Gateway to 4.x so I can't even set up NNID on it. I have 3 SD cards but I'd prefer to not need to do this exploit every time I want to get on the eShop for a different region, making my 3 SD cards usable only for switching regions..
My advice is that you try to get eShop on sysNAND working. As for a region changed emuNAND - since you have issues with the eShop, stick to cia files :)

That's my opinion. Either that or never access the eShop again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-