Hardware Fixing a Kinect?

fvig2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi.

My kinect rarely works now. It's always stuck on starting sensor. So I connected it to the PC and noticed that the camera and iinfrared rarely turn on. I can control the motor and LEDs fine. So has anyone experienced this problem? I'm thinking of opening my kinect to see if I can do basic repairs such resoldering parts.

I can't return my kinect since I bought it in the US and I'm all the way here and the annoying part is that there's this one screw that I can't unscrew and my drill bit broke so I can't force it off.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
(...) I'm thinking of opening my kinect to see if I can do basic repairs such resoldering parts. I can't return my kinect since I bought it in the US and I'm all the way here and the annoying part is that there's this one screw that I can't unscrew and my drill bit broke so I can't force it off.
Uhm... have you considered that this could be a driver issue on the PC before you started mutilating it with a drill?

Force is rarely the answer, especially since it doesn't matter where you bought th Kinect - Microsoft has service hotlines and service stations all around the world and accepts their products for repairs regardless of their origin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk