Gaming Fixed version of Guitar Hero III

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well I bought the faulty original version too and am still waiting for a fix...
now it would be a lot faster if I was for piracy...well maybe I just write another complain to activision...again.

"...cute and cuddly..." (oder: "lächeln und winken")

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is the stereo fixed version available in stores now? I ask cause a friend just picked a bundle up over the weekend and he was not sure if it was the fixed one or not.

lucifer69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The box of the non fixed one has a whit sticker on the back of the cardboard box covering the audio information for the game

fear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I recently bought the PAL version of GH3, and I think it's the fixed one. At least I was quite sure that I heard proper stereo Sound when I played an online match.

Is there any way to find out? Does somebody have the checksum or something of the original GH3 release?

Btw: Why are the release groups ignoring the new GH3 version?

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Check the bottom of the disc, everyone. The non-fixed version sais "RVL-RGHP-0A-0" (PAL-Version, probably the same for US except it's RGHE), the fixed version should have a 1 or 2 in place of that final 0.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
disc_close_up.jpg

This is for the Aussie discs.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just look right above the Activision logo on the disc: No star = original, Star = new fixed version.
gh3_wii_disc.jpg

It's hit or miss in the stores. There is no definite way to tell from the outside of the box.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lazycus said:
Just look right above the Activision logo on the disc: No star = original, Star = new fixed version.
There is no star on the EU (Australia) stereo version.
QUOTE(Dirtie @ Apr 6 2008, 07:26 AM) This is for the Aussie discs.
Mine has RVL-RGHP-EUR-2

fear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Mine's also RVL-RGHP-EUR-01. So I have the fixed PAL version already. Neat
smile.gif

And great job guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...