Gaming fix for my pc

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It is HORRIBLY slow.. It BSOD'd on me when I was trying to copy a file. Please help.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Firstly, it would help if you could tell us the error code the BSoD gave (or a screenshot) and uploaded the dump file (I don't know much about them personally, but for those who do know that's what they require). The devil is in the details, so the more you tell us, the easier it is to exorcise it.

You could probably also help yourself by looking at the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) when it's slow to see what processes are taking up the most resources. For example, one of my old laptops got plagued by "helpsvc.exe" taking up 98% resources after 5 minutes of running... I just kill that process when I see it, and problem solved. If nothing look unusual, then it may be one of the services (or hidden system processes) that's making it go slow.

That aside, possible causes: CPU fault, RAM fault, HDD fault, driver fault, viruses/malware (probably causing a memory leak that slows down your comp). It's most likely going to be either a HDD read error or a software fault (drivers, viruses, etc).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
As mentioned more details do help us help you-

There's a free program called 'speccy' which you could use to 'find out more info' about your PC - which if you run & use 'File' > 'Publish Snapshot' - you can post us a link to a web page that'll show us you PC Specs (it's a long list - here's my PC Specs for example)
There's a 'portable' verison availabe @ http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/portable that you just need to Unzip & run - no need to install

Although it won't help us if you have a software or malware problem - but it might help us know if it's a temperature problem or not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.