Fix corrupted save(.SAV) file

I thought I'd write this article so that it may be of some help to others with a corrupted save file.
My wife had saved her game(Rune factory 2) one night, then the next day it wouldn't load. She just got a black screen when trying to resume the game. I had searched online for any way to fix, but most threads said that it was a case of starting the game again from scratch. I had tried and failed to import the save file into DeSuME and No$GBA, both bitched about it being corrupt. So as a last resort I headed over to the shunyweb save file converter website. I uploaded the save as Supercard(she has a DStwo), requested the same for the converted file, and it offered me a download. Once downloaded, I copied it back to the DStwo's sd card, loaded the game and lo and behold it actually ran!

So before you start your game from scratch when this happens, it might be worth giving this a go?

Best of luck.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I thought I'd write this article so that it may be of some help to others with a corrupted save file.
My wife had saved her game(Rune factory 2) one night, then the next day it wouldn't load. She just got a black screen when trying to resume the game. I had searched online for any way to fix, but most threads said that it was a case of starting the game again from scratch. I had tried and failed to import the save file into DeSuME and No$GBA, both bitched about it being corrupt. So as a last resort I headed over to the shunyweb save file converter website. I uploaded the save as Supercard(she has a DStwo), requested the same for the converted file, and it offered me a download. Once downloaded, I copied it back to the DStwo's sd card, loaded the game and lo and behold it actually ran!

So before you start your game from scratch when this happens, it might be worth giving this a go?

Best of luck.

Hello.:)

Thank you for reminding us on this Tool.:yay:

It is nothing new,

https://gbatemp.net/search/174009418/?q=Shunyweb+Savegames+Converter&o=relevance

but it has surely been forgotten...

Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people...